Gotham Steel Pan Review
- Gotham steel pan is oven safe up to 500F
- Pan is not induction compatible
- Copper-colored inside layer creates a beautiful look
- The durability of the nonstick layer is the largest problem with this pan
- There are better options for a similar price, listed below:
Instead, we recommend these similarly priced pans:
- Triple food-grade granite layers for maximum durability and to prevent age or heat-induced warping.
- High-grade natural mineral coating for a super non-stick cooking experience.
- Pressed aluminum inner layer for high heat conductivity and for even surface heating (perfect for searing steaks!).
- Utilizes a stone-derived coating from Germany that is 100% free of APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, and the lesser known chemicals NMP and NEP.
- Eco-friendly pan delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without risk of exposure to these controversial chemicals.
- Features a hardened scratch-resistant coating that is super easy to clean.
- The new non-stick standard – 12-Inch open frypan to fit your everyday cooking needs and techniques – from sauté, stir fry or sear, to fry or bake; perfect size for sharing your culinary masterpieces with family and friends
- Toxin free ceramic non-stick coating - manufactured without pfas, PFOA, lead or cadmium, which s that no toxic fumes will release even when accidentally overheated
- Diamond infused coating - great heat conductor and hardest natural material on earth, The diamonds added to our ceramic non-stick coating takes our pans a step further: 5x harder coating - metal utensils have found their match, this pan wont's scratch; 10x longer lasting - more durable than traditional non-stick, Blue Diamond is your partner in the kitchen; 4x better heat transfer - with a quick and even heating, say goodbye to cold or hot spots
Ceramic non-stick cookware has completely changed the world of non-stick cooking. Now, there are cookware ranges available that do not use toxic non-stick coatings. Even though it is healthier to cook with, ceramic also has other benefits like the fact that it is more heat transparent and more scratch-resistant than other non-stick cookware like T-fal.
Gotham Steel is one of the newest manufacturers of ceramic coated cookware and claims to be the best. Gotham Steel specializes in manufacturing durable non- stick cookware. They also make knives and griddles and other cookware accessories. They are endorsed by Chef Daniel Green.
Table of Contents
Gotham Steel’s titanium non-stick pan has a distinct look with its copper-colored interior and a glossy black exterior. It is constructed out of aluminum, which is known to provide constant and even heat when cooking. Its construction makes it lightweight and comfortable to use. The pan features Gotham Steel’s award-winning Ti-Cerama non-stick coating, which is a combination of non-stick ceramic and titanium. This coating is designed to ensure easy cooking without any oil or butter, and like all other Gotham Steel products, this coating is PFOA, PFOS, and PTFE-free. Unfortunately, the general feedback from customers has been negative and the coating has not lived up to the manufacturer’s claims.
The non-stick coating is designed to withstand the use of metal utensils when cooking and be scratch resistant. The quality of the coating is not as superior as advertised by the manufacturer and the majority of customers have been disappointed. The pan is both dishwasher and oven safe up to 500F. It can be used on most hobs except induction. The pan is deep enough to cook spaghetti, stir fry or even bake a cake, but it is not too deep to make flipping when cooking difficult. This non-stick pan can be used in both the oven and on the hob and it is also flameproof, allowing you to flambe your food. Users, however, have found the pan to be of poorer quality than was advertised.
The handle has an ergonomic design that provides a comfortable grip when cooking. The stainless steel handle stays cool when cooking and has a conveniently placed hole at the tip of the handle which can be used to hang it up when drying it or storing it away.
The pan is available in three different sizes; 9-inch, 11-inch, and 12.5-ich.
If bought directly from Gotham Steel, the pan has a one year warranty and 90-day money-back guarantee. Unfortunately, the majority of people who have purchased this pan are not happy with their purchase. More than 50 % of customers commented that they were disappointed by the durability of the coating. Some say that the coating only lasted them two weeks and then they had to start oiling their pans to make sure nothing stuck when cooking. The ‘slide out of the pan’ cooking they expected was not delivered. This is a big downside considering that this is one of the pans main features.
- The design of the pan ensures great heat conductivity when cooking.
- The pan is oven safe and dishwasher safe.
- The pan’s unique flameproof feature allows for great versatility when cooking.
- Customers found that their pans sustained scratches even though the pan is supposed to be scratch resistant.
- Many customers have been disappointed by the short lifespan of the non-stick layer.
- This non-stick pan can’t be used on an induction hob.
2 out of 5.
Although this pan looks beautiful, it does not offer the long term durability one would expect. The non-stick performance of this pan is greatly exaggerated in TV commercials but does not live up to the promises made. Unfortunately, because of all the negative customer feedback on this frying pan, we cannot wholeheartedly recommend it. The 8-inch non-stick Arkadia fry pan from Vollrath offers much better non-stick durability for the same price. It is also made of aluminum and the non-stick coating is of superior quality. Another good option is Granite Rock Pan.
- Award winning Ti-Cerama coating ensures the ultimate release -- everything just slides right off the pan, no need for oil or butter
- Ultra-durable, scratch-proof & metal utensil safe
- Aluminum composition ensure even heating distribution all around