Gotham Steel Pan Review
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
The pan features Gotham Steel’s award-winning Ti-Cerama non-stick coating, which is a combination of non-stick ceramic and titanium. Pan is advertised as scratch-resistant and very durable but in reality, non-stick coatings reliability is bad. Unfortunately, because of all the negative customer feedback on Gotham Steel pans, we cannot wholeheartedly recommend it.
Instead, we recommend these similarly priced pans:
- Multipurpose Pan: Rely on this this frying pan for your everyday cooking needs. Stir fry foods, cook eggs, braise and sear meats, or anything else you’d like while the nonstick coating ensures an easy release and throw it in the dishwasher for a quick cleanup.
- Ultra-Nonstick Fry Pan: Spend less time with clean up with the Granitestone nonstick pan- This pan is coated 3 times with ultra-nonstick technology, preventing any liquids or foods from sticking to your pan when cooking or frying – while still getting a perfect cook and delicious crisp.
- Utilizes a stone-derived coating from Germany that is 100% free of APEO, GenX, PFBS, PFOS, PFOA, and the lesser known chemicals NMP and NEP.
- Eco-friendly pan delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without risk of exposure to these controversial chemicals.
- Metal utensil safe, Blue Diamond’s signature diamond-infused ceramic nonstick is 5x harder and 10x longer lasting than traditional coatings
- Diamonds are 4x more conductive than copper, so Blue Diamond heats faster and cleans up easier
Ceramic non-stick cookware has completely changed the world of non-stick cooking. Now, there are cookware ranges available that do not use toxic non-stick coatings. Even though it is healthier to cook with, ceramic also has other benefits like the fact that it is more heat transparent and more scratch-resistant than other non-stick cookware like T-fal.
Gotham Steel is one of the newest manufacturers of ceramic coated cookware and claims to be the best. Gotham Steel specializes in manufacturing durable non- stick cookware. They also make knives and griddles and other cookware accessories. They are endorsed by Chef Daniel Green.
Table of Contents
Gotham Steel pans with titanium non-stick have a distinct look with its copper-colored interior and a glossy black exterior. It is constructed out of aluminum, which is known to provide constant and even heat when cooking. Its construction makes it lightweight and comfortable to use. The pan features Gotham Steel’s award-winning Ti-Cerama non-stick coating, which is a combination of non-stick ceramic and titanium. This coating is designed to ensure easy cooking without any oil or butter, and like all other Gotham Steel products, this coating is PFOA, PFOS, and PTFE-free. Unfortunately, the general feedback from customers has been negative and the coating has not lived up to the manufacturer’s claims.
The non-stick coating is designed to withstand the use of metal utensils when cooking and be scratch resistant. The quality of the coating is not as superior as advertised by the manufacturer and the majority of customers have been disappointed. The pan is both dishwasher and oven safe up to 500F. It can be used on most hobs except induction. The pan is deep enough to cook spaghetti, stir fry or even bake a cake, but it is not too deep to make flipping when cooking difficult. This non-stick pan can be used in both the oven and on the hob and it is also flameproof, allowing you to flambe your food. Users, however, have found the pan to be of poorer quality than was advertised.
The handle has an ergonomic design that provides a comfortable grip when cooking. The stainless steel handle stays cool when cooking and has a conveniently placed hole at the tip of the handle which can be used to hang it up when drying it or storing it away.
The pan is available in three different sizes; 9-inch, 11-inch, and 12.5-ich.
If bought directly from Gotham Steel, the pan has a one year warranty and 90-day money-back guarantee. Unfortunately, the majority of people who have purchased this pan are not happy with their purchase. More than 50 % of customers commented that they were disappointed by the durability of the coating. Some say that the coating only lasted them two weeks and then they had to start oiling their pans to make sure nothing stuck when cooking. The ‘slide out of the pan’ cooking they expected was not delivered. This is a big downside considering that this is one of the pan’s main features. We have a dedicated article on the most durable nonstick pans
- The design of the pan ensures great heat conductivity when cooking.
- The pan is oven safe and dishwasher safe.
- The pan’s unique flameproof feature allows for great versatility when cooking.
- Customers found that their pans sustained scratches even though the pan is supposed to be scratch resistant.
- Many customers have been disappointed by the short lifespan of the non-stick layer.
- This non-stick pan can’t be used on an induction hob.
2 out of 5.
The non-stick performance of this pan is greatly exaggerated in TV commercials but does not live up to the promises made. Unfortunately, because of all the negative customer feedback on this frying pan, we cannot wholeheartedly recommend it. The 8-inch non-stick Arkadia fry pan from Vollrath offers much better non-stick durability for the same price. Another good option is Granite Stone Pan and Blue Diamond Pan
- 11” MULTIPURPOSE FRYING PAN – the 11” skillet is pan is ideal for nearly every situation and slightly larger than the classic 9” & 10” pans, perfect for making sunny side ups, sauteing vegetables, steaming broccoli, whipping up pancakes, scrambled eggs and omelets, searing steaks, grilling burgers and so much more.
- ULTIMATE CERAMIC NONSTICK – the Gotham Steel nonstick cooking surface is coated three times and then reinforced with diamonds to deliver the ultimate food release. No seasoning or even oil or butter needed, makes for healthier eating, and provides for hassle free, 1-2-3 cleanup.