Granite Stone (Rock) Pan Review
- The combination of the aluminum core and the layers of granite provide exceptional heat retention and distribution when cooking and Granite Stone (Rock) pan will not warp.
- The fry pan is both dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500F.
- The non-stick coating is PFOA-free.
- The Granite Stone pan is not induction compatible
More and more people are moving away from synthetic non-stick cookware and moving towards greener, healthier cookware options. A variety of healthier cookware brands are now available to choose from, offering features that enable oil-free cooking and non-toxic chemicals in the non-stick coating. One such cookware option is Granite Stone (formerly Granite Rock). GraniteStones’s cookware is constructed from aluminum, encased in three layers of food-grade granite, offering superior durability. It also has a high-grade natural mineral non-stick layer, which ensures perfect non-stick cooking.
Granite Stone offers a variety of cookware, but in this review, we are going to be discussing the GraniteStone fry pan. It boasts of being the best non-stick frying pan on the market.
Table of Contents
The combination of granite and aluminum ensures superior heat conduction, durability and prevents warping. While the ingredients of Granite Stone’s mineral non-stick coating are unknown, it can withstand constant abuse and metal utensils can be used when cooking. We do know, however, that the Granite Stone non-stick coating is PFOA-free.
The pan is very versatile and can be used on most hobs, except induction because it does not have an iron-based construction. This can be fixed by purchasing an induction disc separately. The pan can be used in the oven in temperatures up to 500F and can be used to cook and bake a variety of dishes including steaks, pizzas, and stir-fries. The pan is also dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning after cooking easier.
Its non-stick coating allows for oil-free cooking, but if you would like to flavor your food with butter or oil, you can. Using non-stick sprays on this pan is not recommended because the sprays burn at a low temperature and give your pan a rusty look.
The handle is constructed out of stainless
steel and stays cool when cooking. Using an oven mitt when using the pan in the
oven is advised though.
The pan is available in different sizes, including an 8-inch, 10-inch, 11-inch or 12-inch.
The majority of users have thoroughly enjoyed cooking a variety of dishes with their GraniteStone non-stick pan and found it very easy to use and clean. While many have enjoyed the results of the oil-free cooking experience, some customers found that they couldn’t dry fry anything, but need to add some kind of lubricants like oil or butter to ensure that nothing stuck when cooking. One customer was upset that their 12-inch pan’s cooking surface was only 11-inches big because of the 1-inch rim around the edge of the pan.
- The combination of the aluminum core and the layers of granite provides exceptional heat retention and distribution when cooking and will not warp.
- The pan is both dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500F.
- The non-stick coating is PFOA-free.
- The pan is not induction compatible.
4 out of 5.
The durability and superior non-stick cooking that this Granite Rock pan provides are its main drawcards. It offers great versatility with its oven-safe feature. One major downside of this pan is that it is not induction compatible, but that can be changed by purchasing an induction disc. Overall, this pan shows more durability than other non-stick pans and is a bargain for the price you pay.
- Triple food-grade granite layers for maximum durability and to prevent age or heat-induced warping.
- High-grade natural mineral coating for a super non-stick cooking experience.
- Pressed aluminum inner layer for high heat conductivity and for even surface heating (perfect for searing steaks!).