GraniteStone Pan Review
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
- The combination of the aluminum core and the layers of granite provide exceptional heat retention and distribution when cooking and Granite Stone pan will not warp.
- The fry pan is both dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500F.
- The non-stick coating is PFOA-free.
- The Granite Stone pan is not induction compatible
More and more people are moving away from synthetic non-stick cookware and moving towards greener, healthier cookware options. A variety of healthier cookware brands are now available to choose from, offering features that enable oil-free cooking and non-toxic chemicals in the non-stick coating. One such cookware option is GraniteStone (formerly Granite Rock). GraniteStones’ cookware is constructed from aluminum, encased in three layers of food-grade granite, offering superior durability. It also has a high-grade natural mineral non-stick layer, which ensures perfect non-stick cooking.
Granite Stone offers a variety of cookware, but in this review, we are going to be discussing the GraniteStone fry pan. It boasts of being the best non-stick frying pan on the market.
Table of Contents
The combination of granite and aluminum ensures superior heat conduction, durability and prevents warping. While the ingredients of mineral non-stick coating are unknown, it can withstand constant abuse and metal utensils can be used when cooking. We do know, however, that the non-stick coating is PFOA-free.
The pan is very versatile and can be used on most hobs, except induction because it does not have an iron-based construction. This can be fixed by purchasing an induction disc separately. The pan can be used in the oven in temperatures up to 500F and can be used to cook and bake a variety of dishes including steaks, pizzas, and stir-fries. The pan is also dishwasher safe, which makes cleaning after cooking easier.
Its non-stick coating allows for oil-free cooking, but if you would like to flavor your food with butter or oil, you can. Using non-stick sprays on this pan is not recommended because the sprays burn at a low temperature and give your pan a rusty look.
The handle is constructed out of stainless
steel and stays cool when cooking. Using an oven mitt when using the pan in the
oven is advised though.
The pan is available in different sizes, including an 8-inch, 10-inch, 11-inch or 12-inch.
The majority of users have thoroughly enjoyed cooking a variety of dishes with their GraniteStone non-stick pan and found it very easy to use and clean. While many have enjoyed the results of the oil-free cooking experience, some customers found that they couldn’t dry fry anything, but need to add some kind of lubricants like oil or butter to ensure that nothing stuck when cooking. One customer was upset that their 12-inch pan’s cooking surface was only 11-inches big because of the 1-inch rim around the edge of the pan.
- The combination of the aluminum core and the layers of granite provides exceptional heat retention and distribution when cooking and will not warp.
- The pan is both dishwasher safe and oven safe up to 500F.
- The non-stick coating is PFOA-free.
- The pan is not induction compatible.
4.4 out of 5.
The durability and superior non-stick cooking that this Granite Stone pan provides are its main advantages. It offers great versatility with its oven-safe feature. One major downside of this pan is that it is not induction compatible, but that can be changed by purchasing an induction disc. Overall, this pan shows more durability than other non-stick pans and is a bargain for the price you pay.
- Multipurpose Pan: Rely on this this frying pan for your everyday cooking needs. Stir fry foods, cook eggs, braise and sear meats, or anything else you’d like while the nonstick coating ensures an easy release and throw it in the dishwasher for a quick cleanup.
- Ultra-Nonstick Fry Pan: Spend less time with clean up with the Granitestone nonstick pan- This pan is coated 3 times with ultra-nonstick technology, preventing any liquids or foods from sticking to your pan when cooking or frying – while still getting a perfect cook and delicious crisp.
- Healthy & Nontoxic: The Granitestone pan uses a mineral based coating allowing this frying pan to be free of PFOA, PFOS, lead & cadmium - ensuring an eco-friendly and healthy cooking experience.