Most Durable Nonstick Cookware and Pan
ScanPan HaptIQ is not only the most durable nonstick set but comes with multiple other brilliant features:
- The 5-ply design offers great heat distribution and warp resistance.
- Scanpan is famous for its environmentally friendly manufacturing and materials used.
- The set comes with a lifetime warranty.
What Makes Best Nonstick Pans Durable?
Three elements make nonstick cookware durable. The design, materials used, and the type of nonstick coating applied. One of the most commonly used materials for nonstick cookware is aluminum. Anodized or cast aluminum is very durable, affordable, and is an outstanding heat conductor.
Manufacturers are trying to make coatings more durable so that they last longer. Most nonstick pans will last you between three to five years if you look after it well. Choose cookware with a PFOA and PTFE-free nonstick coating as these are the healthier options.
Top choices for the most durable nonstick cookware sets:
1. ScanPan HaptlQ Stainless Steel-Aluminum Nonstick
This 10-piece set from ScanPan is coated with its Stratanium nonstick coating. Stratanium nonstick coating is 50% more durable than ScanPan’s previous nonstick coatings. This is thanks to five layers of hard particles and interlocking wave-like layers that reinforce the coating. This is a commercial-grade nonstick surface, which can withstand metal utensil use. The nonstick surface is excellent at searing, deglazing, and braising food. This nonstick coating is also PFOA-free.
This set is made out of aluminum and stainless steel and has a 5-clad design that offers excellent heat distribution during cooking and is ovenproof up to 500F. ScanPan cookware is environmentally friendly and uses recycled aluminum in its cookware. Even the product packaging is made using recycled paper.
ScanPan guarantees this cookware set with a lifetime warranty and you can enjoy using this cookware set for many years to come.
2. Calphalon Hard-Anodized Aluminum Nonstick
- Dual-layer nonstick for easy food release, and quick cleanup
- Convenient measuring marks, pour spouts & straining lids
- Durable hard anodized aluminum construction. 8-inch fry pan. 10-inch fry pan. 1.5-quart saucepan with cover. 2.5-quart saucepan with cover. 3-quart saute pan with cover. 6-quart stockpot with cover
This set is coated with three layers of Calphalon’s PFOA-free nonstick coating. The first two layers offer durability, and the third layer ensures exceptional nonstick cooking. Calphalon specifically designed its coating so that it can withstand long term use. The coating process is done thoroughly so that the nonstick is ultra-durable.
This 12-piece cookware set from Calphalon is constructed using heavy gauge aluminum. It is then hard-anodized, a process that makes it 80% stronger than stainless steel. This ensures optimum durability. Because the cookware is hard-anodized, it can be used in both the oven and under the broiler.
The cookware set comes with Calphalon’s full lifetime warranty. Calphalon is well-known for honoring its warranties, provided the cookware has not been abused or mistreated.
3. TeChef Onyx Collection Nonstick
- ELEGANT AND STYLISH DESIGN - The world's finest cookware with New Teflon Platinum coating
- INDUCTION-READY WITH HEAVY BASE - Induction-Capable extra-heavy gauge aluminum construction with stainless steel base.
- SET INCLUDES - 8-in Frying Pan, 12-in Frying Pan, 12-in Stir-fry Pan (Wok) with lid, 2-qt Sauce Pan with lid, and 5-qt dutch oven with lid
TeChef makes use of the new Teflon platinum for its nonstick coating. Both the inside and outside of the cookware is coated with the nonstick coating. The inside is coated three times for durability and the outside if coated twice to ensure an easy cleanup. The coating is PFOA-free and environmentally friendly according to TeChef, who claim that one of their pans lasts as long as 7 ceramic pans.
Made from extra-heavy gauge aluminum, TeChef’s 8-piece cookware set is extremely durable. It also has a stainless steel base, making it induction ready. The pots and pans are not designed with uniform thickness. Instead, they have thin walls and a thick bottom to ensure optimal heat distribution and easy handling when cooking. The cookware is oven-safe up to 450F, thanks to its extra-heavy gauge aluminum design.
This cookware set is covered by TeChef’s limited warranty, which covers any defects in the workmanship or materials of the cookware.
What Makes Nonstick Pans Durable?
Below is a list of do’s and don’ts that will help you look after your nonstick cookware and give it a longer life span.
- Don’t use metal utensils when you cook. Instead, use rubber, wood, plastic and silicone utensils when cooking.
- Don’t use aerosol or other cooking sprays when cooking. These sprays build up on the pan’s surface over time and prevent the nonstick coating from being effective. Rather use smaller amounts of normal oil if needed when cooking.
- Don’t cook with excessively high temperatures. This can cause the cookware to warp and damage the nonstick coating. Take note of the manufacturer’s instructions about the heat your set can withstand.
- Don’t store food in your pots and pans. Rather put it away in a container and reheat it at a later stage. Leaving food in your cookware for a long time damages the nonstick coating.
- Do clean your nonstick cookware with sponges that won’t damage your nonstick coating. Using rough surfaces to clean your nonstick pots and pans will shorten the cookware’s lifespan.
- Do pack your cookware away properly. Hanging your pots and pans would be the ideal way to store them. If stacking them, use pan protectors to avoid scratching.
- Do wash and dry your cookware soon after you use them. Also, avoid washing your cookware in the dishwasher and rather wash and dry by hand. If what you are cooking isn’t very fatty or oily, you can even just wipe it out with a paper towel and pack it away.
- Do use soft detergents when cleaning your nonstick cookware. Although most detergents are considered soft, detergents like bleach, dishwashing soap, and other cleaners can be hard and can damage the nonstick coating.