Breville Food Processors
Nothing in this life is perfect, but Breville has given it a shot with the BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor.
This appliance is one of the best on the market. It has an enormous work bowl, more blades and attachments than you'll know what to do with, and a speed and efficiency that will decrease your food prep time and improve the quality of your family meals.
However, near-perfection is expensive.
1. Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor
- Comes with 5 multi function discs and 3 blades out of the box
- 5.5 inch super wide feed chute reduces the need to pre cut most fruits and vegetables
- Includes 2 BPA free processing bowls: 16 cup (3.8 L) large bowl; 2.5 cup (600 milliliter) small processing bowl
- First-Class Performance
- Huge Capacity & Dual Work Bowls
- Tons of Attachments (Including French Fries Slicer)
- Extra Wide Feed Tube
- LCD & Timer
- Attachments Storage Box
- Very Large & Heavy
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 12.9 x 6.5 inches
- Work Bowl Material: ABS Plastic
- Blade Material Stainless Steel
- Appliance Weight: 26lbs
- Capacity: 16-Cup
- Available Colors: Silver – Black – Red
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Wattage: 1200W
Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor is one of the largest capacity appliances on the market with an enormous 16-Cup work bowl. The enormity of the bowl will be sufficient for almost everybody’s needs.
The substantial 16-Cup bowl is supplemented further with a smaller 2.5-Cup bowl for processing smaller quantities of ingredients.
- 8 Blades & Discs: With one of the largest selections of blades and discs, the Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef Food Processor is as versatile as they come. Blades include variable slicing disc (with 24 thicknesses) julienne disc, French fry cutting disc, whisk, reversible shredding disc, micro-serrated S-blade, dough blade, and mini S-blade.
- Super Wide Feed Tube With Pushers: You’ll rarely have to pre-chop fruits and vegetables thanks to the substantial feed tube and pushers (to help if food gets stuck). Side note: as a safety feature, the processor will not start if the large pusher is not correctly placed.
- LCD & Timer: The addition of an LCD and Timer gives the appliance a more high-quality appearance. Though both features are functional, they don’t bring a massive amount of practicality to this food processor.
- Attachment Storage Box: When an appliance comes with a ton of attachments, it can be challenging to store them. The Breville BFP800XL comes with a handy storage box that has a named slot for each attachment.
- Rubber Feet: Many high-powered food processors tend to ‘walk’ when in use (vibrate across the countertop), but these robust rubber feet keep the Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor firmly rooted to the work surface.
Performance & Cleaning
Few (if any) food processors rival the Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor in terms of performance. The powerful motor, high-quality blades, and vast array of attachments give this appliance more versatility in the kitchen than you could ever need.
The French Fry slicer can reduce a pound of potatoes into fries in a matter of seconds, while the shredder will strip down ingredients no sooner than you put them in. It really is one of the best food processors available.
The Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor loses half a point because it is not dishwasher friendly. However, it is still fairly straightforward to clean with a brush and hot soapy water.
Should you buy the Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor?
There are two things you will need before purchasing the Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef 16-Cup Food Processor. A whole lot of kitchen space, because this thing is enormous. And a whole lot of money because this thing is expensive.
However, if you have both, then we can’t recommend this appliance highly enough. It can perform almost any task you can think of, and it will do it quickly and efficiently.
Suppose you want a little something extra and have yet more disposable income, then Breville offer this same processor (for a significant price increase), with even more attachments. The Breville BFP820BAL1BUS1 also comes with a dicing assembly and a vegetable peeler that will peel up to 7 potatoes in seconds.
Overall Score: 18.5/20
2. Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor
- Grating cheese and chopping herbs or nuts to mixing batters and pureeing soups
- 12 cup cap; BPA Free plastic work bowl; Safety braking system
- Large 5" wide feed chute eliminates need to precut most ingredients
- Same Quality at a Fraction of the Cost
- Adjustable Slicing Disc
- Five Blade Options
- Wide Feeding Tube
- Challenging To Clean
- Short Power Cord
- Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.5 x 17 inches
- Work Bowl Material: Plastic
- Blade Material Stainless Steel
- Appliance Weight: 15.9lbs
- Capacity: 12-Cup
- Available Colors: Silver
- Dishwasher Safe: No
- Wattage: 1000W
At first glance, the Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor looks almost identical to its big brother, the Breville BFP800XL Sous Chef.
However, on closer inspection, there are one or two nuances that separate them (and their price points).
Firstly, there is no LCD on the BFP660SIL, which is not a massive loss from the practical standpoint, but it takes a little something away from the appliance aesthetically. Also, the logo is printed onto the motor base rather than being embossed.
It is still a fantastic looking machine, just not quite as attractive as its larger sibling.
With a generous 12-Cup work bowl, the Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef Food Processor is suitable for any large family’s needs and can hold large volumes of ingredients at any one time. Eliminating then need to empty the bowl of each food type when processing salads and such like.
- Large Feeding Tube: While not quite as large as the feed tube on the BFP800XL, the Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef Food still has a very accommodating 5-inch wide tube to feed ingredients into the work bowl. It’s also adjustable to two and three-quarter inches and one and a half inches.
- Adjustable Slicing Disc: Choose from 24 different thicknesses for your fruits and vegetables, ranging from 0.3mm to 8mm, with the adjustable slicing disc.
- Five Blade Options: The Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef Food comes with five-blade options (spread over four assemblies). A serrated ‘S-blade’ for chopping, the previously mentioned adjustable slicing disc, and a reversible fine and coarse shredder and a dough blade.
Performance & Cleaning
Because the BFP660SIL Sous Chef Food Processor has the Breville name, you’re almost guaranteed a quality product. Much like its big brother, this appliance is a top performer and will rarely, if ever, let you down.
The chopping blades, shredders, and slicers are all very consistent. Meal prep is ridiculously fast and efficient using this appliance. There’s a reason Breville product command such high price-points.
This processor and its accessories are not safe to put in the dishwasher and must be cleaned by hand. The blades are all very sharp, so you must be cautious when cleaning.
Should you buy the Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor?
The Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef Food Processor is a “Sous Chef 16 Lite”. This appliance has all the quality of the Breville BFP800XL, but everything is just a little bit … less.
It has a smaller capacity, less powerful motor, fewer attachments, and features, and, most importantly, a lower price tag, significantly lower. So, if the BFP800XL is just a bit much for you or is out of your budget, then the Breville BFP660SIL Sous Chef 12 Cup Food Processor is the appliance for you.
Overall Score: 16/20