Best indoor grills for your money
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
To be considered the ‘best overall indoor grill’, the champion appliance needs to be efficient, reliable, versatile, and offer excellent value for money, and while the Ninja Foodi FG551 could be considered a little pricey, what you get in return for your cash is amazing.
The enormous cooking space, six cooking options, and technology that ensures perfectly cooked food is worth every cent. Though you need to keep on top of cleaning the appliance to ensure the grill’s longevity.
This Cuisinart is also excellent when it comes to quality, performance, value for money, and users’ feedback. The capacity is smaller than the Cuisinart one (200 vs. 240 square inches), and it is not as powerful (1500 vs. 1800 watts), but it will grill your favorite foods evenly.
It has five cooking settings, the cooking plates are removable and dishwasher safe, and it is a low budget option.
There are so many indoor grills out there. Which one is best for you? In this article, we will review the best indoor grills according to your wants and needs.
We will walk you through the top models for personal, large capacity, low budget, and to ensure you select the right one for you.
1. Ninja FG551 Foodi Smart XL 6-in-1 Indoor Grill
- Ninja Foodi Smart XL Grill with Smart Cook System. The Smart XL grill that sears, sizzles, and crisps. Indoor countertop Grill and Air Fryer
- Perfectly cook food on the inside to your desired doneness and char grill every side with 500F Cyclonic Grilling Technology and the Smart Cook System. 500F cyclonic air and the 500F grill grate combine to give you delicious char grilled marks and flavors
- Smart Cook System—4 smart protein settings, 9 customizable doneness levels, and the Foodi Smart Thermometer enable you to achieve the perfect doneness from rare to well done at the touch of a button. No more guesswork and no more under or over cooking
Not only does the Ninja Foodi indoor grill outperform the original Foodi in terms of cooking space, versatility, and reliability, it outperforms every other indoor grill on the market.
The ‘Smart Grill’ is crammed full of useful features that can achieve the perfect doneness of all your meats, no matter how large or small your meal. Ninja’s ‘cyclonic grilling technology’ will char grill every side of the meat to a temperature of 500F.
Four protein settings and an internal thermometer combine to ensure your meat is cooked to perfection, no matter how you like it.
The 6-in-1 function can grill, air crisp, bake, roast, broil, and dehydrate, giving you an enormous amount of versatility in one machine. The XL capacity is 50% larger than the original Foodi grill and can cook up to 6 steaks or 24 hotdogs at once.
The air crisp setting uses up to 75% fat than with traditional deep frying methods so it’s healthier for you and your family, while the ‘unique smoke control system’ makes cooking with the Foodi XL a smoke-free experience and avoids any nasty odors.
There are few (if any) products on the market that can be considered perfect, but the Ninja Foodi Smart indoor grill is as close as it comes with an astounding 94% of Amazon consumers rating it at 4 to 5 stars.
The complaints that have been made are a little nitpicky, such as the power cord is fairly short, and the lid is rather heavy. One caveat is that this product needs cleaning after every use, but that should be the case for most appliances.
2. Cuisinart GR-150P1 Griddler Deluxe
- Multiple cooking options – Six cooking settings in one; among them, you can find the contact grill, panini press, full griddle, full grill, half grill, half griddle, and top melt.
- Dishwasher safe accessories – It has removable cooking plates, which you can put in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
- Large grilling surface – the cooking surface is 240 square inches open for large batches of food.
Cuisinart GR-150P1 has reversible grill/griddle plates that you can open flat for a total cooking space of 18’’ x 11’’, for accommodating up to 12 pancakes. Thanks to the multiple cooking settings, you may use it for cooking chicken, steaks, eggs, pancakes, bacon, paninis, vegetables, and many more.
You may adjust the temperature on each cooking function, and it has 1800 watts of power, so it cooks very quickly. You may be grilling vegetables on one plate while you warm tortillas on the other or sear in both!
The grill includes a drip tray, a scraping tool for cleaning, and an instruction book that comes with many recipes.
As for the cleaning, users have stated that it is so simple to clean it. Only remove the plates and pop them in the dishwasher, and if you want to wash it by hand, you may use the cleaning tool that it includes. Just use some water and a little soap.
There are no bad reviews regarding the performance of the grill; however, some buyers have mentioned that it would be better if the cooking plates didn’t have Teflon, but Teflon is what makes it so easy to clean because it is nonstick. Keep in mind that there is no problem cooking with it unless you turn all the heat way up.
There is also little negative feedback regarding the amount of grease after cooking. A few users have stated that the draining could be more efficient.
2. Cuisinart GR-4NP1 5-in-1 Griddler
- Versatility – It has five cooking settings in one. You may choose your favorite, depending on your wants and needs.
- Removable cooking plates – Users have mentioned that this makes the cleaning easy.
- 240 square inches – You may cook for many people in it.
This Cuisinart is multifunctional and handles any food. It has five cooking settings; therefore, you may use it as a grill, griddle, panini press, or half grill/half griddle. It has a selector knob for easy use, and it has preheated illumination. The unit is very powerful; therefore, it will sear your steaks perfectly in little time.
Even though the price is affordable for almost anyone, the material is stainless steel for longevity, and most customers have stated to own the grill for years in excellent condition.
For qualifying as the best large indoor grill, the machine needs to be very spacious so you can cook large batches of food at once. The Cuisinart GR-4NP1 fits plenty of food, and it also has optimal performance according to the majority of buyers. The grill is multifunctional as it has five different cooking settings, and there are many positive reviews about how simple it is to clean the grill, which will save you time and energy. We also recommend choosing Cuisinart for food processors.
This Cuisinart indoor grill may fit up to six large burgers or 12 pancakes. You may use it in six different ways; for example, half grill/half griddle or like a panini press. The unit is very powerful (1800 watts); therefore, it delivers the cook fast.
If you are worried about the cleaning, you don’t have to. This grill has removable cooking plates and drip tray, and they are dishwasher safe.
Also, if you are not the most creative person in the kitchen, the product includes a recipe book for you to get the best grilling ideas.
There is little negative feedback about the grill. It is mostly about the Teflon on the cooking plates. There is some controversy regarding the use of Teflon in the kitchen, but studies show that it is completely safe beneath 500°F.
3. Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill 25361
- Perfect for searing – You may sear your meats at 450° F for the best searing results.
- Healthy cooking – The drip tray catches fat excesses for you to eat without extra oil.
- Affordable – Customers have remarked that it has excellent value for money.
For qualifying as the best overall indoor grill for searing meats, the appliance needs to retain heat excellently and reach top temperatures. The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Searing Grill is perfect for it.
There is much positive feedback regarding the searing results of this machine, and the best part of it is that it is affordable.
It will also help you eat healthier because it contains a drip tray that catches all oil excesses.
This Hamilton grill avoids overcooking or undercooking because it has a window on the lid for you to check the food, and it keeps the heat inside for fast cooking. The lid closes perfectly to mark your meats like an outdoor grill and is dishwasher safe.
Using it is easy because it has a temperature knob for customizing grilling. You may sear at 450° F or use lower heat for other foods. You will know that it is ready to cook because it has preheated illumination once it is hot enough for usage.
The grill is convenient for easy cleaning because both the grill surface and drip tray are removable and dishwasher safe, and it is one of the most affordable grills out there.
This Hamilton product has excellent reviews regarding the searing results and the value for money, but a few individuals have stated that the clip that holds the viewing window is too sharp and hurt them. Keep it in mind when you are handling the appliance.
4. George Foreman Electric Grill GGR50B
- George Tough Nonstick Coating - Thereâ€s a lot to love about this nonstick coating; itâ€s durable, easy to clean, and removes the need for butter and oil
- Indoor/Outdoor Removable Stand - Donâ€t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling; the easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time
- Adjustable Temperature Control - The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food
This George Foreman grill is also perfect for a large group of friends. The circular grilling allows room for more than 15 servings, has five heat settings, and it has tough nonstick cooking for easy cleaning.
Therefore, you have space, healthy cooking (with the nonstick coating, you don’t need to use much oil), and the easiness to use and clean it, and all of it for an excellent price.
The product also includes a care manual for you to maintain it correctly and extend its life.
5. Power XL Smokeless Grill
- Durable – The majority of users have remarked that their Power XL grill has lasted a long time.
- Nonstick coating – It is a breeze to cook in it because food doesn't stick on the grill.
- Many recipes – The grill comes with a recipe book, so being out of ideas is out of the picture.
The best smokeless grill should be efficient in extracting the smoky air from the room and have excellent grilling results with any food, and the Power XL does it all. Customers have stated that there is no smoke at any time while cooking different meals, and it is due to its turbo smoke extractor, which captures it for a perfect indoor grill without any mess.
Besides, all the pieces go into the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
This Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Removable Grill is made with stainless steel for resistance and durability. The grilling performance has many positive reviews, and you may cook healthier because the nonstick coating removes the need for oil before grilling.
The product comes with a recipe and instructions book, and it is simple to clean it in the dishwasher because the grill plate is dishwasher safe.
It also has an LED for temperature control for you to choose the amount of doneness that you want, and the turbo smoke extractor captures the smoke for a virtually smoke-free grilling.
Even though you can use the Power XL smokeless grill as an electric skillet by replacing the grill plate with a griddle plate, the second one is not included. It also takes a while to preheat, according to some users.
6. Philips HD6371/94 Smokeless Indoor BBQ Grill
- Advanced infrared technology and special reflectors guide heat to the indoor grills cooking grid for delicious, evenly grilled food. The drip tray underneath remains cool so there is virtually no smoke.
- No need to adjust the heat. The indoor grill quickly heats up to a consistent 446°F, the optimal temperature for cooking and searing your favorite meat, poultry and fish leaving it juicy and tender on the inside.
- The electric grill ensures food is not cooked into its own grease and the fat is separated during grilling; Voltage: 120 volts
This Phillips indoor grill is easy to set up, it has dishwasher-safe components, and it comes with a drip tray that remains cool at all times to avoid smoky air. The majority of buyers have remarked that there is no smoke while grilling their favorite foods, and it also has many positive reviews about being a durable machine.
It sears your foods at a consistent 446°F, so you don’t have to adjust the temperature (which some people see as an advantage, while others prefer having the option of regulating the heat).
The cooking space is not that large, but it is perfect for two or three people with its 160 square inches of grilling surface.