Gotham Steel Smokeless Indoor Grill: do not buy
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
The Gotham Steel Smokeless Indoor Grill is an aluminum grill with a copper coating on the grill (it’s not copper made). The cooking surface is nonstick; however, users have mentioned that after little use, the nonstick coating chips off, and everything sticks. You can choose among four temperature settings to cook; warm, low, medium, and high heat. There is also much negative feedback regarding the doneness of the meals and how it does not heat evenly.
The Hamilton Beach Electric Indoor Grill costs the same as the Gotham Steel indoor grill, and it has much better reviews. First, it is a more powerful unit (1200 watts instead of 1000 watts). Also, the grill is really dishwasher safe, and most users have remarked the optimal grilling results. The cooking surface is 9 x 12.5 inches for up to six burgers or four steaks, and it is nonstick.
On the downside, the cord is extremely short, and there are mixed reviews about the time it takes to preheat; however, if you have a plugin easily accessible, this won’t be an issue. Sure, there are more expensive grills that cook faster, but this grill has excellent value for its price.
Gotham Steel Smokeless Indoor Grill
- Nonstick ceramic surface heats evenly giving you perfectly-cooked and browned food
- Deluxe Size: 18 x 13"
- The Gotham Steel portable electric grill pulls apart for easy cleanup and storage
- Ceramic cooking surface
- Temperature dial with four settings – Warm, low, medium, and high heat
- Copper-colored grill for a nice look
- On the downside, it has much negative feedback regarding the performance and other features. We will mention it further.
- Ceramic nonstick surface
- It reduces the smoke
- It is smoke-less, not smoke-free
- Uneven heat distribution
- Once the coating is coming off, it is hard to clean
- It is described as dishwasher safe; however, the manual states that the cooking surface is not to be submerged in water or wash in the dishwasher.
- Dimensions – 18.00 L x 13.00 W x 3.50 H inches
- Material – Aluminum
- Weight – 5.70 pounds
- Grill surface area – 9 x 14 inches
- Colors – Brown
- Dishwasher safe – No
- Wattage – 1000
- Smoke-free – No
Size and Design
According to most users, the copper coating looks elegant; however, it chips off after little use.
The dimensions are 18.00 L x 13.00 W x 3.50 H inches, and it has a cooking surface of 9 x 14 inches. It might work if it’s for single use; if not, buyers have remarked that it is not large enough for two or more people.
- Nonstick ceramic coating
- Smokeless (not smoke-free) grill
- Temperature dial
Performance and Cleaning
You can adjust the temperature depending on how you want to grill your
meals – warm, low, medium, and high heat; nevertheless, there is much negative feedback regarding the cooking results. Many users have pointed out that the grill heats slowly and cooks unevenly. Also, according to many customers, the coating comes off after a month of usage, so food sticks and it gets hard to clean.
Even though it is described as dishwasher safe, the packaging and manual indicate that you must not submerge the grill in water or wash in the dishwasher.
We must remark that the grill is not smoke-free, and some buyers have mentioned that their smoke alarms got activated several times.
Should you buy the Gotham Steel Smokeless Indoor Grill?
We would not recommend this product because it does not have good performance and lacks many essential features. Sure, it has some positive reviews, but the majority of customers are unhappy with the purchase; therefore, we do not suggest buying it. You can get a better grill at this price point.