PowerXL Indoor Grills: good and bad models
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
The PowerXL Smokeless Grill is our favorite grill to come out of the PowerXL workshop. It has smokeless technology for pleasant cooking, and users have mentioned that the flavor of the meals is the same as if you had used an outdoor grill.
Unlike the other PowerXL grill, this one has better reviews regarding the performance. Users have mentioned that after using the larger model for a little time, the fan gets damaged. Also, the quality of this model is better, since it is stainless steel instead of plastic and aluminum. Sure, the size of this product is smaller, but the cooking surface is basically the same, and it is less expensive.
1. PowerXL Smokeless Grill
- Enjoy grilled steaks, ribs, pork barbecue, and burgers all year-round, this electric smokeless grill creates your outdoor BBQ recipes with the same taste, flavor & authentic char-grilled texture and grill marks – right on your kitchen countertop. Effortlessly! Grill on our family size, XL grill surface with virtually no smoke and less mess.
- Dual Cooking Surfaces – Each PowerXL Grill includes non-stick grill grates and a flat griddle plate. The griddle is the perfect nonstick, multi-purpose, restaurant-grade cooking surface for perfect pancakes, eggs, & more or get the perfect sear on steak and fish. Doubles as a professional Panini press. Want authentic grill marks? Use the grill plate for traditional barbecue grilling on ribs, steaks, veggies & more. You can even grill fruit!
- Compact and Portable Grill Design – Easy to plug in and use in your kitchen, a picnic area while camping, or even your own backyard, simply hook it up to a power source and start grilling up your favorite foods without worrying about smoke.
The PowerXL Smokeless Grill is a great appliance to cook many things, such as burgers, pizza, fruits, pancakes, chicken, and more. It is easy to clean, and it has a smokeless technology that allows you to grill tasty steaks without hot and smoky air. On the downside, it is not the most powerful grill out there, so it might take some time to heat correctly.
- Smokeless technology
- Same flavor and texture as if you’d use dan outdoor grill
- Nonstick coating
- It includes a recipe book
- 30-day trial offer
- Dishwasher safe
- Two sizes available
- Turn it into an electric skillet by replacing the grill plate with the griddle plate
- Virtually smoke-free
- Easy to use
- It takes some time to get hot
- It doesn’t include the griddle plate
- Dimensions – 19.7″ L x 11.4″ W x 7.5″ H
- Material – Stainless steel
- Weight – 16.96 pounds
- Grill surface area – 13.5 x 8 inches
- Colors – Black and stainless steel
- Dishwasher safe – Dishwasher safe parts
- Wattage – 1200
- Smoke-free – Yes
Size and Design
It comes in two sizes, standard, and XL. The standard PowerXL Smokeless Grill measures 19.7″ L x 11.4″ W x 7.5″ H, and you can grill six burgers or four steaks at one time.
The Power Smokeless Grill XL measures 22.1″ x 13.2″ W x 9.25″ H and has a larger grill (15.5’’ x 9’’) for up to eight burgers or six steaks at a time.
The design has much positive feedback. It is stainless steel, and it has a shiny and modern look.
- LED Smart Temperature Control – You can easily adjust the temperature from 220° F to 450° F with just the push of a button.
- Advanced nonstick coating – Customers have stated that nothing sticks on the cooking surface.
- AirFlow Technology with smoke-capture fan – The smokeless technology works by using the fan and filling the Water Tray with 1.5 cups of water. You must use enough water for the technology to work correctly.
- Dishwasher safe – The grill plate, griddle plate, and glass lid are dishwasher safe. As for the base unit, you can wash it by hand with a damp cloth.
- Multi-purpose – Users have remarked that every meal turns out perfectly cooked, from bacon and eggs to seafood and steaks.
Performance and Cleaning
The grill is easy to assemble and use. You can grill almost anything on it; however, there is some negative feedback regarding the time it takes to cook. Some buyers have indicated that it doesn’t heat quickly, not even at the highest heat setting.
As for the cleaning, it is simple. You may wipe the base with a damp cloth and mild cleaning solution and wash the parts in the dishwasher.
Should you buy the PowerXL Smokeless Grill?
Even though there are mixed reviews regarding the performance of the grill, we recommend buying it if you are looking for an indoor grill but want to save some money.
Some users have mentioned that 1200 watts are enough to cook what they want in a short period, while others differ; however, the majority of users are happy with the purchase. You can also opt to get the XL model if you have a larger family.
Overall score: 12.5/15
2. Power XL Smokeless Electric Indoor Grill
- SUMMER BBQ GRILLED TASTE – INDOORS & SMOKE-FREE! 1650 Watt XL 15.5” X 9” edge-to-edge Indoor Grilling Surface is big enough for your BBQ party. It grills three entire racks of ribs, eight large burgers, or grill your protein and vegetables together for an entire meal all at one time – in any weather! You can even split a whole chicken down the middle and grill it “spatchcock” style.
- NON – STICK CERAMIC XL GRILL SURFACE – NOTHING STICKS: The Ceramic Grill Plate is coated with Super Non-Stick Cerami-Tech Coating, so you don’t have to add any extra fat or oil. Even delicate fish never sticks to the surface – there’s never any residue to scrape off after you’re finished cooking. The Oil Drip Tray sits below, catching fat and grease from cooking. You get mouthwatering grilled meals for your entire family all in one portable, easy-to-clean unit.
- REMOVABLE XL GRILL AND GRIDDLE PLATES – EASY CLEANING: The Cerami-Tech Grill Plate is dishwasher safe and lifts out easily for effortless cleaning & easy storage. Just pop it in the dishwasher and you’re all set. You get mouthwatering grilled meals for your entire family all in one portable, easy-to-clean unit. You’ll never get stuck cleaning for hours in the kitchen after dinner.
The Power XL Smokeless Electric Grill is big enough to cook for a large group of friends or relatives, and it has a smoke extractor for smoke-free cooking. The grilling surface is nonstick ceramic, which makes the grilling process simpler. Thanks to a LED smart temperature control, you can regulate the temperature up to 450°F to cook; however, some users have stated that it takes a long time to cook.
- Large cooking surface
- Nonstick ceramic grill surface
- Removable grill plate to clean it in the dishwasher
- Regulated heating
- Virtually smokeless
- Nonstick ceramic for even the most delicate meats
- Dishwasher safe components
- Turbo smoke extraction
- Regulated temperature
- It’s not as durable as the stainless steel grill
- Long time to preheat
- There are negative comments regarding the life of the fan.
- Dimensions – 21 L x 15.4 W x 8.1 H inches
- Material – Plastic and aluminum
- Weight – 15.47 pounds
- Grill surface area – 13.75 x 8 inches
- Colors – Black
- Dishwasher safe – Dishwasher safe components
- Wattage – 1500
- Smoke-free – Yes
Size and Design
The dimensions of the grill are 21 L x 15.4 W x 8.1 H inches, and the cooking area is 13.75 x 8 inches, which is enough to fit up to six burgers at once.
The exterior is black, and the design is pretty basic; however, there are no negative comments about it.
- Nonstick cerami-tech coating – The coating of the grilling surface is nonstick and durable. Users have mentioned that not even delicate fish sticks to it.
- Temperature control – It has a LED smart temperature control to ensure you achieve your preferred doneness.
- Virtually smoke-free – The smoke is captured for you to grill indoors without any issues.
- The grill plate is removable – This way, you will be able to wash it in the dishwasher and save time.
Performance and Cleaning
There are mixed reviews regarding the performance of the grill. Some users have mentioned that it takes too long to preheat; therefore, they don’t recommend it because it is an essential feature that any grill should have. Other people are happy with its performance and the cooking results. It, however, has many negative opinions about the fan, which it seems not to last more than a few months.
Regarding the cleaning, there is some negative feedback. Even though you can remove the grill plate to pop it in the dishwasher, some buyers have remarked that the elements of the grill end up with drippings after their use, and it becomes a hassle to clean them and dry them.
Should you buy the PowerXL Smokeless Electric Grill?
Even though many users like the product and its performance, we cannot fully recommend the PowerXL Smokeless Grill because it has negative comments regarding its performance and the cleaning process. We advise you to buy the stainless steel PowerXL indoor grill instead, which has much better reviews, and it costs less.
Overall score: 10.5/15