Best citrus juicers: 7 manual and electric models
The Eurolux ELCJ-1600S has a powerful 160W motor that offers very fast juicing operation. It’s really easy to use too. These and the fact that nearly all the customers were pleased with its performance are part of the reasons it’s our pick for the best electric citrus juicer.
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 stands out as the best overall citrus juicer on our list for its affordable pricing and efficiency in extracting juice from citrus fruits. It also comes with several useful advanced features like the custom pulp control and final-spin function. It has received many positive reviews from users for its great overall performance.
Citrus juicers provide an easy way of extracting juices from citrus fruits. They are convenient, efficient and come in several different types designed to handle different kinds of citrus fruits. The three main types are squeezers, manual juicers and electric juicers. Below are some of our top picks from the market that you can check out.
1. Cuisinart CCJ-500 Citrus Juicer
- Adjustable reamer with 3 pulp control settings-low, medium, high
- Auto-reversing universal juicer cone for more efficient juicing
- Final-Spin feature extracts more juice from pulp
- Efficient at extracting juice from large citrus fruits
- The final spin function helps squeeze more juice out of the pulp
- Decently quiet during operation
- The snap-up spout helps prevent the juice from dripping on the counter
- Easy to set up and to clean
- Strong and durable stainless steel construction
- Not reliable at extracting juice out of small citrus fruits
- The base doesn’t sit still while juicing
- There are claims that the motor doesn’t last long
- The strainer and the spout get quickly clogged by pulp
- Poor customer service
- An electric juicer with 25W motor
- Auto-reversing cone
- Final-Spin feature
- 3 pulp control settings (low, medium, high)
- Snap-up spout
- Dishwasher safe parts
- 3-year limited warranty
The Cuisinart CCJ-500 is a fairly attractive unit. It has a modern design and the brushed stainless-steel finish plus the black top gives it a tidy and sleek look. It’s also available in polished chrome finish (Cuisinart CCJ-500CH).
With regards to size, it’s smaller (6.75 x 7.88 x 12.25 inches) than most other electric juicers – ideal for small kitchen counters. It’s equally light enough (weighs 4 pounds) to move around.
The feet don’t provide a stable grip though. It tends to slide around. You have to keep a firm grasp on the unit with one hand when using it. The power cord is short too, you will need an extension cord if your power outlet is not nearby.
The juicing ability of the CCJ-500 is impressive as many found it very efficient in extracting juice from large citrus fruits. The reamer switches direction automatically which allows it to get all the juice and most of the pulp out of the fruit. The process is relatively fast – you don’t have to hold the fruit for long.
It seems, however, not to perform well in extracting juice from small limes and lemons because the reamer is big. It’s not able to get maximum juice out of them.
The motor is decently quiet but you are likely to have issues with it over time. Several users mentioned that it works fine for a year and then goes into a permanent “spin” mode or starts jamming and eventually stops working completely.
The CCJ-500 pulp strainer has very low capacity. It fills up with pulp fast (after making about 2 cups of juice) preventing more juice from running through. You will have to clear it repeatedly if you are making more than two glasses.
The pulp does not stay contained or compacted in the strainer too. Some flies over and the juicer container is not completely covered by the strainer, so they end up back into the juice.
Besides that, the spout has a small opening which gets easily clogged by the fiber content in the pulp that slips through the strainer. It gets blocked that the juice can’t flow down into the cup.
On the positive though, users liked its snap-up design. You can flip it up to stop the juice from dripping on the countertop which is useful when unclogging the juice container or cleaning out the strainer.
- Pulp Control Feature: The pulp control feature offers multiple settings that enable you to choose the amount of pulp (high, medium and low) you want in your juice. It’s supposed to be a useful feature but doesn’t work that well. The low pulp or no pulp option causes clogging at times which considerably reduces the amount of juice that comes out while the high pulp option tends to allow too much pulp through.
- Final-Spin Feature: The final spin function is a unique feature that allows you to squeeze out more juice from the remaining pulp. You put the clear lid on, and press down causing the reamer to spin really fast thereby rigorously forcing any remaining juice out of the pulp. The downside though is that it can make a lot of mess – it can splash the juice all over you if you are not careful.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
Assembling and dissembling the CCJ-500 is easy. Cleanup is fairly simple too and all the removable parts are dishwasher safe. The only nuisance is that you will have to clear the strainer and spout very often because they get clogged easily.
Should you buy the Cuisinart CCJ-500?
Overall, the Cuisinart CCJ-500 is effective in extracting juice. It’s a reliable unit if you are looking to make juice from mostly large citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits. The motor’s durability might be an issue though plus the company’s customer service appears not that helpful. We noted that they don’t fully address queries or fail to respond completely in some cases.
2. Eurolux ELCJ-1600S Orange Juicer
- No extra piece to storage 1-size-fits-all juicing cone provides maximum juice extraction
- Filter integrated filter captures pits for richer and cleaner juice extraction
- Easy press rubber handle press with soft grip - stop and reducing pressure on the hand
- Fast and efficient at extracting juice from oranges and other large fruits
- The juice comes out clean without pits
- Simple to operate and the handle has a comfortable grip
- The suctions cups ensure a secure base setting
- Noise level is low when the motor runs
- Easy to assemble and clean
- The parts that are made of plastic might break easily
- Not reliable for juicing small limes and lemons
- The motor overheats frequently
- The spout is too low for tall containers
- No pulp control settings
- Might be hard to get a replacement for any damaged part
- An electric juicer with 160W motor
- Automatic universal ream
- Stainless steel integrated filter
- Stainless steel anti-drip spout
- Automatic on/off function
- Suction cups at the base
- Dishwasher safe
- 1-year limited warranty
Measuring 12.2 x 9.5 x 8 inches, this Eurolux juicer is pretty compact. It doesn’t take much countertop space. It’s a modern-style juicer with a silver exterior finishing and a black base, so it does look appealing and lifting it is no hassle since it’s light, weighing just 4 pounds.
Unlike the Cuisinart CCJ-500, the base of this unit is sturdy and stable. The feet are fitted with suction cups that grab firmly to the countertop. It doesn’t slip around during use and you can use it on any surface since the suction cups are gentle – they don’t mar the surface.
The body and other parts of the unit are solid and durable except for the catcher (the cap that holds the fruit). It’s made of plastic and there were complaints that it breaks quickly. The spout is held in place by two tiny plastic posts that also can break off easily.
The Eurolux ELCJ-1600S is particularly effective in extracting juice from oranges and grapefruits. The reamer has a small top and wide bottom, so it efficiently clears out the fruit and the powerful motor (160W) spins it very fast allowing it to squeeze even more juice out of the pulp. It juices thoroughly producing a good amount of juice from each fruit.
However, same to the Cuisinart CCJ-500, its reamer is somewhat big for small citrus fruits hence it doesn’t work well on limes or lemons.
Another downside is that the motor tends to overheat after about 10-15 minutes of use and then shuts off. It’s not the best option if you plan to juice large quantities of fruits at one time because you have to wait around 20 minutes for it to cool down each time it shuts off.
Nonetheless, the integrated mesh strainer filters out pulp well. Some do slip through occasionally, especially when the strainer is filled but overall, the juice comes out clean without seeds in it.
This unit has a small container that collects the juice and directs it to the spout. It doesn’t hold the juice, so you have to place a glass under the spout when juicing. The spout’s position is pretty low though for tall glasses. You will have to use a shallow cup.
There’s no pulp container either – the pulp collects in the strainer. The good thing is that the strainer hardly clogs because the pulp gets pushed to the side allowing the juice to flow continuously.
This juicer is very easy to use too due to the automatic on/off pressure switch – it takes just a slight downward push on the handle to start it and it automatically stops when the pressure is released. The non-slip rubber fitting on the handle also provides a stable grip. It’s soft and comfortable to hold which helps reduce pressure on the hand.
The only special thing about the Eurolux ELCJ-1600S is its powerful 160W motor and the anti-drip spout which can be pushed up so that juice won’t drip down on the counter after juicing.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
Setting up and disassembling this unit was not challenging at all. It’s easy to clean as well and its extraction components are dishwasher safe.
Should you buy the Eurolux ELCJ-1600S?
If you like making orange juice, this would be an ideal choice for you. It’s great too for juicing any other large citrus fruit. It works fast, delivers high juice yield and the noise level is very low. However, it’s not the best option if you intend to make large quantities of juice regularly.
3. Drizom Citrus Juicer
- 【Premium Quality】Lemon Squeezer Citrus Juicer Manual Space Saving Kitchen Tools is made of food grade ABS material, BPA-Free and food grade stainless, Anti-Slip Non-Marking Silicone Base, to make sure that can be lasted for a long time.
- 【Multifunctional】Our citrus hand juicer has a brand new Flip-Top design for space saving storage, which can be an egg yolk separator. Orange/Lemon/Lime Juice Squeezer .The garlic grater is not only suitable for garlic but also perfect for potato and ginger.
- 【Multi-size Reamers】12-tooth reamer is designed to extract maximum juice, fully squeezing every lemon or lime, while 3-claw large reamer apply to extract orange and other bigger fruits.
We settled on the Drizom juicer as our pick for the best manual citrus juicer because it’s cost-effective, performs very well at extracting juice and it’s versatile (doubles as a juicer and grater). On top of that, the customer ratings and feedback are predominantly positive.
- Squeezes juice efficiently from both small and large citrus fruits
- Multifunctional design – you can grate garlic and separate egg yolks
- Comes with a built-in juice container
- Compact and light – convenient for traveling and camping
- Remains still on the counter during juicing
- Easy to set up, clean and use
- Doesn’t filter out the seeds
- Takes some effort and time to extract juice
- Not ideal for making large amounts of juice
- The non-slip silicone padding can leave markings on the countertop
- Two reamers; 12-tooth reamer, 3-claw reamer
- Garlic grater
- Flip-top design
- 12-ounce juice container
- Non-slip silicone padding on the bottom
- Measurement marks in the cup
- Dishwasher safe
This Drizom juicer has a simplistic, compact design that’s perfect for small spaces. It doesn’t take up much space (measures 5.51 x 5.51 x 3.5 inches). It’s small size and lightweight (11.2 ounces) also makes it a suitable travel juicer. You can carry it anywhere with so much ease.
It does seem quite sturdy too. It’s made from a strong food grade plastic material that’s BPA-free and the base is fitted with rubber padding that helps hold it in place – it doesn’t slide around while juicing. Unfortunately, the rubber appears to leave a mark (green ring) on the countertop.
The Drizom does a good job in extracting juice from both small and large citrus fruits. It’s 12-tooth reamer juices small fruits like mandarins, lemons and limes all the way down to the rind.
The 3-claw large reamer is also quite efficient. Its shape fits oranges and other bigger fruits well and it gets out all the juice.
Both reamers have a screen to catch the pulp. It does catch most of the pulp but some do get through because the holes are somewhat big. All the seeds especially from small fruits like lemon fall through and end up into the juice.
One advantage that this model has is that you don’t need to place a cup under it to catch the juice. It has a built-in container where the extracted juice falls into.
Its capacity is small (12 ounces) but users did find it convenient since it’s able to hold juices from around 3 to 4 oranges a time and it also minimizes spillages commonly experienced with units that have no container.
There are measurement marks on the container that allow you to add or pour the juice in proper quantity which is pretty helpful for accurate mixing of drinks or when following recipes.
- Garlic Grater: You get a garlic grater top with this Drizom juicer. It’s a handy bonus for grating garlic but it’s sharp enough for also grating ginger, potatoes and carrots.
- Flip-top Design: Another useful additional feature is the flip-top design of the small reamer. You can flip it and use the upside to separate egg yolks from egg whites.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
Set up is a breeze. It comes as a kit with fewer parts that fit together easily. Clean up is quick and easy too and you can do it by hand or using the dishwasher.
Should you buy the Drizom citrus juicer?
This is a good choice if you want a manual juicer for extracting juice from various kinds of citrus fruits once in a while. It’s as well convenient for traveling and camping. It takes some physical effort and time to juice fruits since it’s not powered but it works efficiently.
4. Chef’n FreshForce Citrus Juicer
- Best seller, easy to clean lemon and lime hand juicer
- Produces 20% more juice than conventional handheld citrus squeezers
- Innovative dual-gear mechanism increases pressing power to reduce hand fatigue
The dual-gear mechanism of the Chef’n FreshForce sets it apart from other handheld citrus juicers available on the market. It’s an innovative feature that makes it convenient to use and more effective at juicing. This and the many positive reviews attesting to its efficiency, durability and ease of use are part of why it’s our pick for the best handheld citrus juicer.
- Efficient at juicing limes, lemons and other small citrus fruits
- Comfortable to hold and takes less effort to extract juice
- Fruit halves don’t move around the bowl
- Simple to keep clean and store
- The bowl can’t fit larger citrus fruits
- Not convenient for juicing lots of fruits
- The teeth may not hold up over time
- Can squirt juice in your face during juicing
- Dual-gear mechanism
- Nylon and stainless steel construction
- Top-rack dishwasher safe
- Limited lifetime warranty
The Chef’n FreshForce has a tasteful design – the yellow matte body combined with the shiny stainless-steel plunger looks really beautiful. It actually comes in three colors; lemon/yellow, lime/green, and orange. They are all identical except for the color, size and price.
This yellow version is the smallest (measures 10.25 x 3.25 x 2.75 inches). It fits easily in a 4-inch high drawer and there are two nodes at the bottom of the filter that help prop it upright so that it can’t roll off the counter.
The juicer seems sturdy and durable too. The gears, juice filter and handles are made of a hard BPA and melamine free plastic. The press and screws are sturdy metal. It’ weighs a bit more (10.6 ounces) than other handheld juicers but it can still be held and operated using one hand.
The performance of this Chef’n hand juicer is superb when it comes to extracting juice from limes, lemons and other small citrus juicers. They come out completely smushed and the pulp left on the rind is almost dry. It squeezes out a significant amount of juice, if not all.
Moreover, the concentric rings inside the bowl form small ridges that grip the fruit halves firmly. They don’t move around in the bowl as they are squeezed.
The downside though is that it can’t juice large lemons or larger citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruits due to the small bowl. You can only use it for juicing small fruits. The openings to let the squeezed juice through are tiny. They trap the seeds very well.
That said, the teeth of this juicer don’t seem to hold up over time. They are made out of plastic and there are comments that they break off after a while causing the juicer to lose its function totally.
- Dual-gear Mechanism: The FreshForce uses a dual-gear mechanism that helps increase your overall squeeze strength when you compress the handles together. It allows you to push much juice out of the fruit with less effort and hand fatigue which is a great advantage for those with weak grip strength. The handles have nice texture and design that’s comfortable to hold – they don’t slide in the hand.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
This unit comes assembled. No set up required. It cleans up fairly easy too. The gear is designed to open at an angle that allows you to fully see and access all the parts with a sponge for easy cleaning and rinsing. You can wash it by hand or using the dishwasher.
The bowl may require cleaning now and again because it does collect citrus oils/gunk from the peels which stick to it and become hard to remove if not cleaned immediately. The unit also has no guard, so juice often spray out of the top/sides during squeezing.
Should you buy Chef’n FreshForce citrus juicers?
The Chef’n FreshForce is worth buying if you want an efficient juicer for solely juicing lime, lemon and other smaller-sized citrus fruits. Since it’s portable and lightweight, it’s ideal too for traveling and camping trips. If you are planning to juice a lot of fruits in one sitting, this is not the juicer for you since it will take a long time.
5. BLACK+DECKER CJ625 Citrus Juicer
- 30-watt electric citrus juicer with 32-oz. capacity
- Auto-reversing juicing cones provide maximum juice extraction
- Adjustable Pulp Control with Pulp Basket - Pulp collects in the removable basket so you can throw it out or use it in other recipes
While it might not have much bells and whistles, many users agree that this BLACK+DECKER CJ625 does its job as expected. It’s a simple electric citrus juicer – certainly not the best out there but it’s just about as efficient as most electric juicers that fall in the higher price end.
- Efficient at juicing both large and small citrus fruits
- Filters out the pulp and seeds so well
- Comes with a fairly large juice container
- Doesn’t make a lot of mess
- Simple to set up and clean
- Not for bulk juicing
- Produces unpleasant noise
- The motor stalls occasionally and can stop working with time
- Not that sturdy and appears not to last for very long
- An electric juicer with a 30W motor
- Auto-reverse juicing cones
- Pulp control setting
- 34-ounce clear juice container
- Anti-drip pour spout
- Dishwasher safe
- 2-year limited warranty
The CJ625 is a compact electric juicer with a very simple design. It’s about the same size (7.68 x 7.68 x 9.5) as a small food processor – very easy to maneuver. The build isn’t quite sturdy. Most of the parts are made of plastic including the gears. Several customers mentioned that it breaks down quickly if you use it frequently. Its power cord is also not long.
The feedback from a majority of customers is that the CJ625 is able to clear out all the juice from small and large citrus fruits. It has two juicing cones – a large one for oranges, grapefruits and other large citrus fruits, and a small one for limes and lemons. They both work perfectly – they juice in one direction, then auto-reverse to squeeze out more juice.
The strainer as well does a better job than Cuisinart and Eurolux. It filters out all the pulp and seeds. Only the juice enters the holding container. The motor doesn’t heat up except if juicing lots of fruits. However, it produces unpleasant noise – you can hear the plastic gears grinding.
The major flaw though is that it tends to stall unexpectedly during juicing. It might not stand up to years of use as many more users complained that at some point it stops working completely.
The beauty of the CJ625 is that it comes with a 34-ounce juice container, the largest on our list. It can hold up to 4 cups of juice and has a handle, hence can serve as a pitcher too. You can pour the exact amount of juice you want also since measuring marks have been included on it.
- Pulp control: Apart from the Cuisinart CCJ-500, this is the only other unit on this list that lets you control the amount of pulp that makes it into the juice and this one works pretty well. It has a pulp control tab that you twist to allow as little or as much pulp as you want. The rotating reamers’ design helps too to keep the pulp from clogging/blocking the basket even on low pulp setting.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
Putting this unit together is easy. The parts are not many and they snap together without much hassle. Clean up doesn’t pose a lot of challenge either because the parts easily disassemble and are dishwasher safe.
Moreover, the built-in juice container helps to keep mess to a minimum since the juices flow directly into it, no need for separate jugs.
Should you buy BLACK+DECKER CJ625?
The CJ625 is a bargain deal if you don’t mind the limited durability and motor issues. While it is working, you can juice any citrus fruit with it and get maximum yield from it. You might want to avoid it if you are looking to do bulk juicing.
6. BNUNWISH AABK03 Manual Hand Juicer
- SAFE AND HEALTHY - This BPA - free food grade ABS hand juicer will really help you live a more healthy life. You can use it to squeeze oranges, lemons, tangerines and grapefruits to extract enough vitamin for your family every day
- QUICK AND EFFORTLESS TO GET THE JUICE OUT - Using 12-pin fixed position lid design, this manual orange juicer can better fix the fruit and make it firmly attached in the screw cap when you press down and rotate the fruit to get juice out. You can fast and efficiently get all of the juice out of the oranges and other citrus fruits in half the time
- QUALITIED STRAINER TO FILTER THE SEEDS AND THE HEAVY PULPS - The strainer can filter out the seeds and heavy pulps efficiently while squeezing the juice, this citrus juicer can ensure you to have a good taste cup of orange juice in an easy way
This is yet another great manual juicer, that’s once again equipped with a built-in container to hold the squeezed juice. It’s our best budget pick for the fact that it performs exceptionally well yet comes at a highly competitive price (costs less than all the juicers).
- Affordable yet efficient at juicing various citrus fruits
- Filters out seeds and heavy pulp
- Convenient juice container
- Compact and very portable
- Strong plastic body and reamer
- Easy to set up and doesn’t splatter juice
- Not ideal for juicing larger citrus fruits like grapefruits
- Some pulp may pass through and end up in the juice
- Very hard to keep clean
- 6-claw reamer cone
- 12-pin fixed position lid
- Pulp strainer
- 16-ounce juice container
- Dishwasher safe
The BNUNWISH AABK03 has a compact, portable design with a striking look. It’s one of the smallest (measures just 3.9 x 3.6 x 6.9 inches) and lightest (7 ounces) manual juicer out there. It’s something you can easily take along to work or travel with.
The bottom has rubber padding that keeps it in place during juicing. You can’t use it with one hand effectively though – one hand has to hold it and while the other twists the lid to juice the fruit.
The whole unit including the reamer and lid is made of food-grade BPA-free ABS plastic but durability is not going to be an issue. Many attested that it’s tough enough to withstand daily use for long.
You can efficiently get all the juice out of various kinds of citrus fruits with this juicer. The spikes inside the lid grasp the fruit firmly allowing the reamer to thoroughly drive through it as you press down and twist the lid – the fruit becomes completely squeezed of juice down to the rind.
It works effectively on lemons, limes, oranges and any small to medium-sized fruit. Moreover, it takes not much effort since the lid is fairly large to grasp firmly which makes it easy to twist.
There were those that, however, mentioned that the spikes scratch a ring into the rind at times which causes the fruit not to rotate and juice efficiently when you twist the lid. Larger size fruits like grapefruits are trouble to juice too because the lid’s opening can’t accommodate them.
The webbed strainer does filter out heavy pulps and seeds well but the holes are a bit large, so some pulp does pass through and end up into the juice.
Although it’s pretty compact, the BNUNWISH AABK03 gives you a 16-ounce juice container. It’s a sufficient capacity to hold around 2 cups of juice (4-5 oranges’ juice) a time. The container also has a pour spout for easy pouring of juice without making a mess.
- Enclosed Reamer: This is the only juicer on this list that has a guard around the reamer and a lid that covers the entire fruit. The extraction section is completely covered – no splatter or spilling of juice occurs while twisting the fruit and hands don’t get sticky like when using other manual juicers.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
The AABK03 comes as three parts that snap together easily. Setting it up is not challenging. A lot of complaints from users was that it’s a pain to clean.
Pulp usually gunk up in the strainer and it takes more effort and time to get all of it out which is not convenient if you need to make lots of juice frequently. The white guard around the reamer is hard to keep clean too when it gets stained.
Another major flaw is that the lid has tiny holes where water gets in when you wash it and you can’t take it apart to drain it and clean the inside, so you can have mold growing in there quickly.
Should you buy the BNUNWISH AABK03?
If you have a tight budget and want a decent manual juicer, it’s an option worth considering. Clean up will be a little challenging but it’s inexpensive, the build quality is good and you will be able to efficiently juice a variety of citrus fruits.
7. Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
- Extracts The Most Juice Possible: Professional quality most efficient juicer squeezer. Gets the maximum amount of juice from oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits and other fruit, with no seeds. Just pull the comfortable firm grip handle down for the fastest and easiest citrus juicing while your hands stay clean.
- Commercial Grade Hand Press Extractor: Made of durable, heavy duty cast iron with ergonomic design. The citrus juicer uses leverage and gravity to get the job done with little effort. Lever action practically does the work for you. Powerful and secure crusher capabilities. Crush and squeeze a variety of small fruits and veggies in the comfort of your kitchen.
- More Fruits to Enjoy than Your Handheld Juicer: The 5" (5 inch) diameter cup allows it to be used with various types and sizes of fruit, it can handle most of the largest grapefruit. Easier than hand held juicers known as mexican elbows. You and your family will love the healthy and nutritious juices you can get from apples, pineapple, Meyer lemons, Key limes, limequats, Mexican limes, Eureka or Lisbon lemons, Rangpur or Tahiti citrus limes, from Florida, California or abroad.
For the best juicer for squeezing lots of various-sized citrus fruits, the Zulay Professional citrus juicer is our top pick. It’s a commercial-grade juicer that provides high juice yield with minimal effort on your part.
- Can handle different types and sizes of citrus fruits
- Gets all the juice out of the fruits every time
- Doesn’t strain the hand while using
- Heavy-duty construction that can last years
- Heavy and bulky to move around and store
- Can topple when pulling down the lever
- Less clearance below the spout for tall glasses and cups
- Challenging to clean
- Heavy-duty stainless steel and cast-iron construction
- Lever for juice extraction
- 5-inch diameter reamer cup
- Legs have built-in rubber feet
- Backed up with lifetime warranty
The Zulay has the feel and looks of a vintage steam engine with its rough manual lever handle. It comes in two fun colors, stark black and sunkissed orange. Both look great and can complement any kitchen décor.
If your countertop or kitchen is limited on space, this unit may not be ideal for you. It takes more space (measures 11.25 x 7 x 15.75 inches) than the other juicers and it’s difficult to store due to its large size.
The other downside is that it’s heavy (15 pounds). You will put in some effort if you have to move it around each time you want to use it. However, it’s built to last no doubt. It has strong cast iron and stainless-steel body that can hold up to years of regular use.
The rubber paddings on the base don’t grip the surface firmly though. You have to hold the base or the top with one hand to keep the unit stable, otherwise, it tilts or topples over when you press down the lever.
This is an efficient manual juicer that’s able to extract all juice from different-sized citrus fruits. The lever juicing mechanism exerts a lot of pressure on the fruit hence the crushing is powerful – it squeezes all the juice out giving you a high yield from each fruit you juice.
Another benefit of this Zulay model is that it can juice larger citrus fruits such as pomegranate and grapefruit very well – an area most of the other units perform poorly. Its large 5-inch cup can accommodate large fruits and the cone is designed to totally fit inside them.
The cone has small holes all over it that do filter out seeds with ease. They catch heavy pulp but you may have to strain the juice again if you don’t like pulp because quite a bit of it go pass through the holes.
There’s no juice container included with this unit – you have to place a glass below the cup to collect the juice. It’s a convenient design for commercial use like in a bar where you need to squeeze lots of fruits frequently.
The downside though is that the clearance between the spout opening below the cup and the countertop is less than 5 inches. There’s no much room to fit a tall juice container under the spout.
- Leverage Mechanism: The leverage mechanism is one of the key features that make the Zulay Professional great for juicing large quantities of citrus fruits. It applies lots of force onto the cup which crushes the fruit completely onto the cone and there’s no too much strain on the arms when pulling it down. You can squeeze dozens of citrus fruits without the hands getting tired or fatigued.
Nevertheless, the lever is quite heavy and several customers mentioned that sometimes it drops suddenly when inserting the fruit inside the cup. Plus, it’s at almost 90-degree angle to the surface when in the upright position which makes it easy to bump into it.
Set Up and Ease of Cleaning
No hassle setting up this huge machine. It comes already assembled. Cleaning it is a different matter altogether. The cup and pressing disk don’t disassemble. You have to clean them including the cone while they are all attached which is very difficult and exhausting if you are doing it in the sink because of the heavy base.
Should you buy Zulay Professional citrus juicer?
If you make lots of citrus juice frequently and have the counter space, then this is definitely worth a look. It squeezes all the juice out with one quick motion, so it can help you juice many fruits fast. The quality is also great. It can last for years.