Apple and Potato Gratin
Pink lady apples and red skinned potatoes? I like your style. With a little cheese, this could make a pretty delicious gratin, even if I am going to eat you for breakfast. Maybe wash you down with a little hot chocolate later. Today is starting to look pretty good….
- 1 large apple
- 1 large red skinned potato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
How to make it:
- Preheat broiler. Bring enough salted water to cook the rigatoni to a boil. Add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, chop walnuts, and combine with ricotta and parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste. Set this aside.
- In a flameproof pan, place endive (lightly coated in olive oil and a pinch of salt) under the broiler until tender, but do not burn. Stir one ladleful of pasta water into the ricotta and stir to combine.
- Drain cooked pasta and mix with walnut ricotta mixture and endive. Serve warm.