Asparagus and Dill Orrechiette
- 8 oz. orrechiette
- 6 spears of asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- In a large pot, bring 3 qts. of water to a boil. Salt the water and add a tbsp of the olive oil. Add the orrechiette, stirring briefly. Let the pasta cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, bring one cup of water to a simmer in a large skillet. Add asparagus and cook until just tender.
- Remove asparagus from heat and place in a food processor along with garlic and the remaining olive oil.
- Add a 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water and pulse until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and stir in dill and lemon juice.
- When the pasta is done, drain in a colander. Combine with the asparagus/dill and serve.