- 1 bottle drinkable dry red wine
- 1 pint water
- 10 oz. spaghetti
- 2 cloves of garlic, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp finely chopped herb of choice (marjoram used here)
- Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- In a large saucepan, bring wine and water to a boil.
- Season with salt and add garlic.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl add butter, herbs, and cheese.
- When the pasta is done, ladle noodles into bowl. Be sure that a little wine gets into the bowl as well. Stir well to distribute herbs and butter evenly throughout.
- Season to taste and serve with some warm crusty bread.