Quick Omelette with Sardines
The sardines turned out to be a great addition to my table and a product I will surely use again. As not to mask their delicate flavor, I paired these silvery little guys with a simple omelette. This actually made for a great and quick breakfast, a rare event documented on this site.
- 1 tin of Norwegian sardines, in olive oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 slices of prosciutto, chopped
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- In an omelette pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and gently saute shallot until translucent.
- Add chopped prosciutto and cook for another minute or two.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk eggs and parsley together until well combined. Add a pinch of salt and some black pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over shallots. Quickly stir to lightly scramble the eggs. Cook until eggs are still just a little runny and remove from pan.
- Plate four sardines and grind a little black pepper over them.
- Top with a tablespoon or two of the eggs. Serve with a little parsley garnished on top.