Radicchio, Sage and Taleggio Crostini
It is very simple starter. Crostini would also work well simply as finger food if you make them small enough. But since at this point no one is standing around mingling, I like to slice long, narrow segments of baguettes. These normally take only two or three bites.
- 12 thins slices of baguette, cut on the bias
- 3 shallots, minced
- 1 small head of radicchio, leaves cut chiffonade
- 12 leaves of fresh sage, chopped
- ⅓ lb. of taleggio cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Begin by spreading a small amount of taleggio onto each slice of baguette. In a toaster oven, lightly toast for a few minutes until cheese is nice and melted. (This can also be done in a regular oven at 350°F for a few minutes.)
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add shallot and a pinch of salt. Gently saute until translucent.
- Add sage, radicchio, and a little black pepper. Stir and cook until radicchio is just beginning to wilt. Quickly remove from pan onto a plate.
- Top toasted and cheesy baguette with radicchio and serve.