Slow Roasted Carrots with Coriander and Bay
When I mean slow here, I mean really slow. Roasting carrots might normally take 45 minutes to an hour. For these carrots, I wanted to roast them for 6 hours. In order keep them from drying out I had two secret weapons: olive oil and pig trotters.
I made twice the amount you see here so these carrots are going to be around all week. Their first task: lightly smashed into toast with goat cheese and a touch of honey.
- olive oil or pig trotters
- salt and pepper
- other spaces if you wants
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Add all the ingredients to the carrots and mix well.
- Covered with foil and cook 250°F for about 5 hours.
- The last hour I removed the foil for some browning. The result: The best carrots I’ve ever had. Incredibly tender but still has some bite. Sweet, but not overly-so. Just real carroty.