Sunshine granola bars with mango, buckwheat, & almond butter
Sunshine granola bars with mango, buckwheat and almond butter
(makes 10-15 bars)
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 1 cup/100g rolled oats
- 1/2 cup/100g buckwheat
- 1/2 cup/40g puffed quinoa
- 1/4 cup/40g raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup/30g sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup/30g dried cranberries, organic
- 1/4 cup/28g goji berries, organic
- a handful of dried mango, finely chopped
- a handful of blanched hazelnuts, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup/25g desiccated coconut
- 2/3 cup/200g rice syrup or honey
- 1/3 cup/80ml almond paste
- juice & zest of half a (blood) orange
- 1,7 oz/50g dark chocolate (72%), melted au bain marie
How to make it:
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Add the rolled oats and the buckwheat groats. Stir and bake for three minutes or until you start to smell a nutty flavor.
- Pour the oats & buckwheat into a large bowl. Add the seeds, dried fruit, hazelnuts, and coconut. Stir to combine.
- In a small sauce pan or butter warmer, add the rice syrup and the orange juice & zest. Warm on low heat and stir. Add the almond pasta and keep stirring frequently.
- When all is combined, remove from heat and pour into the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 175C/325F. Place the granola mixture into a baking tin lined with parchment paper or make sure to grease it well with coconut oil. Press the mixture into the pan with the back of your spoon, or use a second piece of parchment paper, press it onto the mixture with your hands.
- Bake the granola bars for 20-25 minutes. They are ready when golden brown. Leave to cool completely before cutting. Optional: drizzle with melted chocolate. It’s the best.
- Cut the baked granola into bars. Store in an airtight box at room temperature. Enjoy!