Toaster ovens for toast: 7 great models
- Interior large enough to fit up to 9 large slices of bread and even 9’’ x 13’’ pans with handles.
- This model has the fastest preheating. It is perfect for a fast toast.
- 3-year warranty if you complete product registration online, unlike most models that offer a 1 or 2-year warranty.
- It includes a modern LCD display that shows the selected cooking settings.
- The price is high but you get a lot for your money.
- A smaller toaster oven will suit you better if you don’t live with many people.
Toasts never get old. They are the most versatile and delicious breakfast and the best way to make them is in a toaster oven.
We considered these factors to select our favorites:
- Fast preheat: A fast preheat allows you to speed up your cooking. It also saves the extra energy.
- Reliability: You want a product you can trust. All the toaster ovens you will find in this article have had a great performance after a long time of use.
- User feedback: Most users have ranked these models as their favorites.
- Size: Whether you want something bigger or smaller, we will give you the best toaster oven options based on your needs.
- Price: We have compared ovens from all price points and selected those which give the best value for the price.
- Versatility: We have selected the ovens that offer multiple cooking settings with great results.
Best toaster ovens to buy in 2020
- Cuisinart TOB-260N1 – best toaster oven for toast
- Panasonic Flash Xpress NB-G110P – best small toaster oven
- Black + Decker TO3240XSBD
– best budget toaster oven
1. Cuisinart TOB-260N1
- Spacious 0.95 cubic-foot capacity oven fits 13" pizza and 9" x 13" baking pan
- 1875 watts of power; 15 cooking functions, including innovative Dual Cook and Speed Convection; door sensor to activate oven; auto-slide out rack
- Digital controls with large blue backlit display and LED buttons; interior light; adjustable 2 hour timer and 2 hour automatic shutoff
This is the best choice to evenly toast and bake if you are looking for a large toaster oven.
Things to love
- Fast preheating: most users state that the preheating at 350° is very fast with this toaster. This feature makes it a favorite when it comes to toasting because great toasting has to be a fast one.
- Large interior: with its 0.95 cubic foot capacity, you can toast 9 slices of bread and fit a 13″ pizza or 9″ x 13″ baking pans.
- Many cooking options: This model offers up to 15 different functions for cooking, such as Toast, Bagel, Waffle, Keep Warm, Bake, Broil, Roast, Pizza, Leftovers, Sandwich, Dual Cook, +30s, Convection Cooking Settings, and Defrost
- Oven light button: when pressing it, the interior will illuminate for 2 minutes. This will allow you to monitor the cooking progress in an easier way.
- LCD Display: it will clearly display the function, time, temperature, and toast shade you have selected.
- Limited 3 year warranty: Most toaster ovens have a warranty of 1 or 2 years, but this model offers you a 3-year warranty if you complete the product registration online at Cuisinart’s website. However, if you regístrate, you still have to maintain the original proof of purchase in order to obtain the warranty benefits.
What’s not to like
- Price: This Cuisinart model is very expensive, which doesn’t make it affordable for everyone. However, given it offers nearly all of the capabilities of a full-size oven, most buyers state that it’s worth it.
- Labels on the buttons rub off: The main concern the users have stated is that after little use, the icons of the buttons start wearing out. They claim the gadget is expensive enough to have this flaw.
The Cuisinart TOB 260N has a very large inside space for toasting up to 9 slices of bread perfectly and also has great cooking results in every other setting, according to most users. Also, it’s very modern and stylish. On the downside, some customers have stated that the quality of the buttons is poor since the labels in them start wearing out with time. We think this is the best toaster oven for the money.
Our score: 4.7 out of 5
2. Panasonic Flash Xpress NB-G110P
- Double Infrared Heating High Efficiency Quartz and Ceramic Infrared Heating Elements are positioned in the front and back to evenly toast, bake, brown and reheat to perfection
- Precise temperature control easily bake piping hot fresh breads and prepared meals, an endless variety of tasty side dishes, home made hors d’oeuvres and more with a convenient manual touch button temperature control sensor
- See through glass door the resilient, see through door is connected to the baking rack to smoothly and safely pull the rack toward you as the door is opened
This is the best choice to evenly toast and bake if you are looking for a small toaster oven.
Things to love
- Double infrared heating: It has high-efficiency quartz and ceramic heating elements that will make you toast, bake and reheat to perfection.
- Say goodbye to preheating: The instant heat eliminates preheating, so the toasting process is 40% faster than in conventional toaster ovens.
- 6 cooking preset buttons: users really like this feature because it automatically calculates the toasting times and browning levels.
- Interior light: unlike some toaster ovens, this has the interior lighting that will allow you to view your food while cooking.
- All included: the FlashXpress Toaster Oven includes an inner tray and a baking and removable crumb trays. Customers state that by being removable, it makes the cleaning easier.
What’s not to like
- Too small: Some users have found it even hard to fit 4 large toasts properly.
Use the versatile NB-G110P toaster oven any time of day. Toast multi-grain bread, homemade muffins and frozen waffles for breakfast. Heat healthy snacks mid-morning, warm leftovers for lunch, and vegetables, French fries and entrees for dinner.
- Flaw with the infrared light: some negative reviews have stated that the light fails after some months of usage and it was difficult for them to replace it.
The Panasonic Flash Xpress NB-G110P is an ideal option for super fast and evenly toasts. It also includes all accessories and it has 6 cooking functions that make everyone happy when it comes to their cooking tastes. On the downside, it does not have a great inside capacity. It will work for you if you are looking for a small toaster oven. Otherwise, you may need something larger.
Our score: 4.6 out of 5
3. Black + Decker TO3240XSBD
- Extra-wide interior - specially engineered to fit most 9"x13" pans with handles, eight pieces of bread, or a 12" pizza. Internal Dimensions are approximately 16.5"X12.5"X9.5".
- Fits most 9"x13" oven pans
- Convection heating + four cooking functions: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food Warm.
If you are looking for a toaster oven that makes the perfect toast but you want both something wide and simpler, this is the best choice.
Things to love
- Dedicated toast timer: This setting allows you to select a predictable shade in every use to get a perfect toast.
- Four cooking options: not everybody needs a toaster oven with more than 10 cooking features. Users state that results with toasting, baking, broiling, and warming are excellent.
- Wide interior: You can fit you 9’’ x 13’’ pans with handles, toast up to 8 pieces of bread and fit a whole 12’’ pizza.
- Convection fan: this feature makes the warm air to circulate evenly, ending in super-fast results when baking.
- Removable crumb tray: It includes a removable crumb tray that helps to remove the crumbs easily and not make a mess out of the counter.
- Auto timer: this model includes a 60-minute precision timer that will help you to keep safe when you have to bake for a long time.
What’s not to like
- Timer issues: some negative reviews have stated that the timer stops ticking down little use. However, the appliance has a 2-year warranty and units have been replaced by the customer service.
- Gets too hot: a few users have explained how the gadget gets very hot after its use and they don’t feel safe owning it.
The Black + Decker TO3240XSBD has an extra-wide interior and has a dedicated toast timer for evenly toasts. It also has 3 more cooking functions, such as bake, broil and warm. It’s easy to clean and has a convection technology that customers like very much. However, negative reviews state that the timer has a flaw that makes it stop working after some months of usage. These users have fixed the issue by using the warranty.
Our score: 4.4 out of 5
4. Hamilton Beach 4 Slice Toaster Oven 31401
- Fits 4 Slices of Toast or a 9 Inches Pizza: Spacious Interior Can Fit Everything From Snacks to Suppers Without Taking Up Too Much Counter Space
- Saves Time and Energy: Uses up to 75 Percent Less Energy and Is 28 Percent Faster Than a Typical Kitchen Oven When Reheating Precooked Frozen Chicken Nuggets
- Toast, Bake & Broil Settings: Adjustable Temperature and Included Bake and Broil Pan Makes It Easy to Cook a Variety of Foods
This is the best choice to evenly toast and bake if you are looking for a budget toaster oven.
Things to love
- Energy friendly: It uses 75% percent less energy than a conventional oven.
- Perfect for toast, bake and broil: with these three cooking settings, you can have a lot of diversity in your meals. You can toast up to 4 slices of your favorite bread, bake 9’’ pizzas and broil steaks or salmons.
- 30-minute timer: it auto shuts off after 30 minutes, which gives users tranquility.
- Stylish design: customers like the classic design and have stated it as an attractive addition to the countertop
What’s not to like
- The warranty: This topic is very important for users. Unlike other toaster ovens, this one has only a 1-year warranty.
- The cord is too short: The majority of the negative reviews are about the size of the cord. They state that the cord is about less than 2.5 feet. The solution has been top ut it right in front of the outlet.
This oven is a stylish appliance and offers three cooking settings. Toasting, baking and broiling. It is the best choice for a less expensive toaster oven with great cooking results. It also has a lot of space in its interior which makes it great for big families. However, some users find it difficult to use because of the shortness of its cord. The solution would be to plug it in right in front of the outlet.
Our score: 4.3 out of 5