IcePure Water Filters: 3 products compared
Disclaimer: we may receive commissions from purchases made via our links at no cost to you
The ICEPURE LT1000P is a top-rated generic refrigerator water filter that’s designed for LG and Kenmore refrigerators. Its filtration performance is quite efficient just like the original brand filters and its overall quality is equally great which is demonstrated by the high number of positive reviews it has received.
ICEPURE is a popular water filter brand that specializes in producing replacement water filters for RO systems, water filter pitchers, refrigerators, and whole house water filtration systems. The company offers several different models in each category that are compatible with most of the filtration systems from major brands and we’ll explore 3 of them in this review.
1. ICEPURE LT1000P Replacement Refrigerator
- ❄️Authoritative Certifications- ICEPURE RWF4700A replacement for LG LT1000P refrigerator water filter bears major Authoritative Certifications on markets, such as NSF/ANSI 42 & 372 Lead-Free from IAPMO, European Food Grade Regulations EC-1935/2016, ROHS, REACH, BPA-Free, TUV and Australian Water Mark.
- ❄️Efficient Filtration Capacity- ICEPURE RWF4700A refrigerator water filter replacement for LG ADQ747935 and Kenmore Elite 9980 reduces many harmful substances from your water including 99% of Chlorine, taste, odor, THM, VOCs, Particles and all other major impurities, significantly improving the taste of drinking water to provide pure-tasting water, while retaining minerals beneficial to the human body.
- ❄️Premium Materials- BPA-free and food-grade materials. This filter is made from advanced natural coconut shell carbon and is Certified by Authoritative organizations for Safe Material. The Outer layer is 0.5 Micron, ensuring better filtration. The carbon blocks have been independently tested by a third-party laboratory to remove heavy metals, large sediments, and all other dangerous impurities and contaminants.
- Effective at removing chlorine taste and odor
- A decent water flow rate of 0.5 GPM
- Compatible with several LG and Kenmore refrigerator models
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Not suitable for filtering untreated water
- Doesn’t seem to capture fine sediments
- The air filter is a bit tricky to install
The LT1000P filter is certified to NSF/ANSI standard 42 and it’s also tested and certified by the WQA and IAPMP to NSF standard 372 for lead-free material. It’s made from materials that have less than 0.25% lead content.
It uses natural coconut carbon block filtration media that manages to remove more than 99% of chlorine taste and odor as well as other 20 different contaminants. The majority of users did mention that it does a great job of neutralizing the unpleasant chlorine taste – the filtered water tastes fresh and has no odor at all.
However, it seems not to capture fine sediments well since there were few who reported getting black particles in their filtered water, at least 10 times over the lifespan of the filter.
Besides that, the carbon media is not able to eliminate bacteria, microbes, heavy metals, and other potentially harmful contaminants in the water hence you can only use it on treated city water.
Capacity and Installation
You can process a maximum of 200 gallons with this filter before replacing it which is a shorter lifespan than that of the LG brand filter. It’s rated to last 6 months but users claimed that it only lasts around 4 months.
The good thing though is that you get three filters per pack which can last you about a year if the chlorine content in your water is not that high. All three filters are compatible with multiple LG and Kenmore refrigerator models, and they fit in place tightly with no leaks whatsoever.
The flow of water through the filters is also moderate, at 0.5 GPM and it does remain stable throughout their lifespan. Each of the filters is easy to install and has a flat surface rather than the usual cylindrical shape which users appreciated as it makes them much easier to grip when removing or installing them.
The package includes 3 air filters as well and although they were equally easy to install, some did find their frame to be slightly larger than the original brand frame which caused their cut out not to line up properly – it’s a bit of a struggle to snap them in place but they do eventually get in.
Should you buy the ICEPURE LT1000P?
If you have an LG or Kenmore refrigerator model that’s included on the compatibility list and your primary concern is the chlorine taste and odor in your water, then it’s an ideal choice to consider.
2. ICEPURE JFC002 Pitcher Replacement Water Filter
- 【NSF 42 CERTIFIED】Tested and certified by NSF,WQA and IAPMO against NSF/ANSI 42.Tested at a flow rate of 0.5 gpm to a capacity of 300 gallons for the reduction of Chlorine, Taste and Odor. Significantly improve the drinking water taste.
- 【NSF 372 CERTIFIED】Tested and certified by NSF,WQA and IAPMO against NSF/ANSI 372.Product also evaluated and determined to possess weighted average lead content of less than 0.25%.No any harmful substances contains in this filter. Safely and healthily enjoy your drinking water.
- 【4 WEEKS LIFETIME】Enjoy better water by replacing your water filter every 2 months. [COST-EFFECTIVE CHOICE]With reasonable price, the IcePure water filter gets the performance same as OEM without compromising quality. Save your money .
Next up we have the ICEPURE JFC002 which is a pack of 6 replacement filters for select models of Brita pitcher water filters. It works just as good as the original ones in terms of filtration performance but it doesn’t fare well in some areas like water flow and durability.
- Removes chlorine taste and odor efficiently
- Capable of removing scale from water
- Easy to install and to replace the filters
- The filters clog up really fast and don’t last long
- Water flow slows down significantly over time
Similar to the LT1000P, this ICEPURE JFC002 model is NSF 372 and 42 certified. It filters the water using two filtration media, coconut shell activated carbon and non-sodium ion exchange resin.
The coconut shell activated carbon media clears out at least 99% of the chlorine taste and odor in the water while the ion exchange resin helps to remove scale and prevent hardness minerals from further forming scale. The two media can reduce some lead but not to a higher rate like other models.
Many did attest that the filtered water tastes just as fresh and clean as the original, and doesn’t come out with little bits of charcoal floating on the top like the old Brita filters. Some, however, didn’t find the taste of the water to be pleasant – they claimed that it’s better than tap water but there’s still a slight metal taste that’s left behind.
Capacity and Installation
The filtration capacity of each filter is 300 gallons but even so, they do have a short lifespan. The online description says they should be replaced every 2 months but the package recommends doing it every 4 weeks. It’s quite a short lifespan considering that the Brita filters last 2 months. Infact, they appear not to last the full 4 weeks – they work only for around 3 weeks.
Another downside is that the flow of water through them is pretty poor, especially over time. They work fine initially but end up constantly clogging with time causing the flow to slow down significantly to the point that eventually water can’t flow through them anymore.
Installing them is easy though as they fit the Brita pitcher well but they do need priming first – you have to soak them for 5 minutes before you can install them. All the filters in the pack are compatible with Brita classic, advanced filter and Mavea 107001 pitcher water filter.
Should you buy the ICEPURE JFC002?
This is a nice option if you have a compatible Brita pitcher water filter and you only want to get rid of chlorine taste and odor. The major downside about it is that you may have to change the filters more frequently than expected.
3. ICEPURE PP10 Whole House Replacement Water Filter
- 💧【NSF 42 CERTIFIED】Tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 42 to reduce 99.06% Chlorine. Reduce sand, sediments, particles,rust, color. Significantly improve the drinking water taste.
- 💧【NSF 372 CERTIFIED】Tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 372.There is NO Lead in the materials. No any harmful substances contains in this filter. Safely and healthily enjoy your drinking water.
- 💧【WIDELY RECOGNIZED HIGH QUALITY】The filter meets European EC1935-2004 Regulations, Australian Water Mark,and has the certificatons of TUV,ROHS,REACH,BPA FREE.
The ICEPURE PP10 is the best generic sediment water filter for whole house systems. It’s able to effectively capture almost all kinds of sediments and particles, plus there’s no worrying about compatibility issues because it can work with any standard 10 x 2.5 inches filter.
- Efficient at clearing out sediments and particles present in the water
- Faster water flow rate at 5 GPM
- Compatible with any 10-inch RO unit
- Can only remove sediments
- Filters have a short lifespan
The ICEPURE PP10 has NSF standards 42 and 372 certifications and the lead content in the material used to make it is less than 0.25%. It’s a sediment filter that’s made up of 100% polypropylene and utilizes a three-layer design.
The first one is a 10-micron layer that consists of large pores which allow small particles to pass through but traps all the large sediments that are bigger than 10 mincron. It’s followed by a 7-micron layer which is a slightly finer filtration layer that captures smaller particles like rust, silt and dust.
The final one is a 5-micron layer which effectively stops all the sediments and particles present in water. Almost everyone was pleased with the resulting filtered water produced by this filter as it comes out very clear even when the source water has a high concentration of solid contaminants.
Capacity and Installation
The filters in this ICEPURE PP10 pack have 1,500 filtration capacity which is the highest on our list. However, that doesn’t reflect in the service life as they can last only for 2 to 3 months. The flow rate is very high, at 5 GPM hence you barely have to wait to get the filtered water.
Installing the filters is very easy and they are compatible with any standard 10 x 2.5 inches RO whole house filtration system. They can even fit Whirlpool and GE brand RO filter systems.
Should you buy the ICEPURE PP10?
If your water is high on sediments or other solid contaminants like dirt and rust, then this would be a suitable choice. You can consider it also if you have a 10-inch RO system and need a highly effective replacement sediment filter.