Camembert, radish and sweet corn cake
I will gladly admit that I actually believe I could live solely on good corn for months without fail. And while my preferred preparation of this delicious is straight off of the grill, my current lack of a backyard leaves that barbecued treat a wonderful but distant memory.
Instead, I offer this alternative corn dish. This combination of peppery radish, milky Camembert, and pleasantly sweet sweet corn is texturally not unlike another local favorite in these parts: the crab cake.
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 4 radishes, finely chopped
- 2 oz. Camembert
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
How to make it:
- In a bowl, mix corn, radish, Camembert, and parsley. Taste and season accordingly with salt and pepper.
- Add egg and panko flakes and mix thoroughly. Add more panko flakes if mixture is still too loose. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Gently form mixture into five small patties and fry for two minutes on one side, or until golden brown. Repeat on otherside until sufficently browned.
Serve with a small garnish of parsley.