Chocolate and Brioche Sandwiches with Sesame Crème Anglaise
- 12 slices of brioche, cut to the same size
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp sugar
- 2 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- tahini, to taste
How to make it:
- In a sauce pan, bring cream, sugar, and vanilla to just below the boiling point.
- Mix a few tablespoons of cream mixture into egg yolk and whisk to temper the eggs. Be careful not to cook the eggs. Gently add a little more until eggs are tempered.
- Return mixture to the sauce pan and bring back to just below the boiling point. Cook until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cool to room temperature before chilling in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- In a double boiler, heat chocolate until thoroughly melted.
Spread mixture over each slice of brioche and then stack slices into sandwiches and set aside until almost ready to serve.
- Toast in a toaster oven until chocolate begin to melt and the brioche is nicely browned and crispy. Do not toast too long: brioche burns easily.
- Remove creme and stir in a tablespoon of tahini, adding more to taste.
Spoon some sauce onto a plate and top with brioche sandwich. Enjoy!