Fettuccine Rigate with Eggplant Tomato Ragout
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 head of garlic
- 2 cups tomato ragout or tomato sauce
- 20oz. fettucine rigate
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- fresh breadcrumbs or panko to garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 360 F.
- Sprinkle eggplant and garlic with olive oil and salt. Wrap everything in foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Eggplants will become incredibly soft and crumbly.
- Boil the pasta in salted water.
- Carefully peel the eggplant pulp into another pan. Squeeze the garlic cloves into the pan as well. Crush everything with a fork and stir to mix.
- Add the remaining olive oil and start heating. Cook to drain the eggplant.
- Put the tomato horn and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pasta is baking, remove the pasta with tongs into a large bowl.
Pour about a cup and a cup of pasta in boiling water into the sauce, depending on how much the handset has fallen.
- Pour the sauce into the pasta and spread the pasta well.
- Place on a plate and serve with fresh breadcrumbs or punk on top.